Buying tires at Wal-Mart.................Don't do it!!!!!!!

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

So I went to super walmart today on Dorothy Lane in Dayton. When I first got there they told me it would be an hour before my car would be done so I said okay, I also got the cheapest tire they had there which the guy at the counter quoted for 75.00 for a "Douglass" tire, and my friend and I went shopping and what not for a while. well I come back an hour later and well the car isn't done(1st problem). The counter guy goes and talks to one of the mechanics, and I overhear one of the mechanics say that they haven't even started on the car yet.(2nd problem). So we go shopping again, and the counter guy tells me it'll be about a half an hour. Well I come back a half hour later and the car is still not done, and one of the mechanics shows me the invoice for the tire. On the invoice they charged me $100.00 for the tire, and I tell him "no" the guy at the counter quoted me a price for 75.00(which was their cheapest tire). And on top of that he said I gave them the wrong tire size. I said no I gave him the right tire size. My gp takes P225/60/R16, and he said I told him P215/60/R16. I KNOW MY TIRE SIZE DAMNIT!!!!!!!! So, I told them how upset I was, and here it is goin on 2:45, and I have a 3:30 doctors appointment, so I didn't get a chance to talk to a manager but I will be calling them tomorrow(I've been busy today).So I got the price knocked down to 60.00 for the tire. Just a word of advice, for those that live in the Dayton area don't go to super walmart to get your tires done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that probably goes for anywhere else(super walmart stores). :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I got to say now is "Lesson Learned"!!!!!!!!!!!

2 places I would never go for work on my car, Walmart and Canadian Tire... I know Canadian Tire could, and would find a way to put a car tire on wrong, they can't do anything right there. I've been in to a couple Canadian tire stores where the parts desk person literally told me to take the car else where to have my parts installed.

Did you at least end up getting the right size tire?

Jamie

Guest GrandPrixlover1

2 places I would never go for work on my car, Walmart and Canadian Tire... I know Canadian Tire could, and would find a way to put a car tire on wrong, they can't do anything right there. I've been in to a couple Canadian tire stores where the parts desk person literally told me to take the car else where to have my parts installed.

Did you at least end up getting the right size tire?

Jamie

Yep. I sat there and told the guy what size the tire was to. I saw a guy at Affordable(junk yard/used parts and tire service, here in Dayton) the day before, take care of about three people at once while changing all four tires on a car at once in less than 30 min. And to top it off he even put new tires on the existing rims, and one tire at a time. So each tire, mounting and everything took him 5 min or less to finish. And he even had time to shoot the breeze while he was working. I bullshit you not, he put on every tire the right way to. I'm goin there next time I need tire service done. I'd at least recommend it. I also bet it didn't cost as much as just getting one tire changed at friggin wal-dumbs.

Walmart employees are very good at blaming everything on the customer.

I bought a ton of groceries just last week at Walmart, went throught the self check and attempted to pay with a credit card. It didn't read it for some reason and the screen said "Unrecongnized bank name" and the big button on the screen said "OK". I pressed "OK"(the only button on the screen to press) and the lazy employee comes over and puts in her numbers and hits some buttons and then said to me "I pressed the wrong button" and the thing was voided out. BS! Only an employee can do a void on the whole purchase... she then walked away and went to the back of the store and said nothing! No joke! Like I was going to ring all that through again. I spoke with the manager and several employees and it wasted a good 30-45 minutes of my time and finally some employees rang it all up again.

This could have been a SNL skit...if you were watching this on TV it would have been funny as hell to see that kind of customer service....what a joke!!!

I shop at Meijer now.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Yeah, the problem with Meijer is that they might have higher standards but they sure as hell don't have lower prices. Of course we really don't have a choice now do we. It's either Wal-Mart or Meijers. What's this world comin to?

your mistakes:

1 - going to walmart for tires

2 - expecting fast and quality service from walmart

3 - buying douglas tires

and i shop for groceries at fred meyer aka kroger.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

your mistakes:

1 - going to walmart for tires

2 - expecting fast and quality service from walmart

3 - buying douglas tires

and i shop for groceries at fred meyer aka kroger.

Someone told me that Douglas tires were good. And I'm a college student so that plays into the equation to.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Whoops, well they'll at least be good for the drive down to Oklahoma. I'm goin down there to check out Oklahoma University's Meteorology program. I'll be leaving on the 21st of this month. I needed a spare tire. So I had the Tech 2000 which was already on there put on a seperate rim, and had the Douglas tire put on the left front to match up the other douglas tire on the right front. The right front had to be replaced due to a sidewall blowout. I wanted both tires to be the same and doing this gave me a spare tire so if something were to happen on the trip. I guess I'll have to keep them till they go bad.

Affordable is my favorite junkyard around here. You pretty much have to wear boots in it though, unless it's been sunny and dry for a few consecutive days. :lol: The people there are great though.

Douglas tires are shit.. I have a set on the Fiero, and you'll be lucky to get 20,000 miles on them.. Plus they are noisy as fuck..

my GP had douglas tires on it when i bought it. terrible traction, and it always looked low on air, even though it wasnt, cuz the sidewalls werent strong at all. i cant say how long they lasted since i swapped them out pretty quick, LOL!

check out tirerack next time....I got the ZRi's on my GP ( a high perf summer tire) for $94 shipped per tire..

they have all season tires on there for good prices too

WalMart is a joke, but then again I don't expect much from somebody who makes as little as WalMart employees.

It's sickening that America's largest employer pays minimum wage, or close to it.

WalMart is a joke, but then again I don't expect much from somebody who makes as little as WalMart employees.

It's sickening that America's largest employer pays minimum wage, or close to it.

QFT

QFT

:words:

Douglas tires are shit.. I have a set on the Fiero, and you'll be lucky to get 20,000 miles on them.. Plus they are noisy as fuck..

my GP had douglas tires on it when i bought it. terrible traction, and it always looked low on air, even though it wasnt, cuz the sidewalls werent strong at all.

Yep.. If you ever get a Douglas tire that hasn't been mounted, give the tire a squeeze along the sidewall.. Damn thing folds just about in half..

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Affordable is my favorite junkyard around here. You pretty much have to wear boots in it though, unless it's been sunny and dry for a few consecutive days. :lol: The people there are great though.

Yeah, I bought an alternator from there for my Oldsmobile when I had it, and I had it tested at the junkyard and it was good. I also had it tested at Autozone, but they said it was bad. I put the alternator in the car(I installed it myself which was fairly easy on the 3.8 it has in it :mrgreen:), and it's still working after 6 months.

P.S.- I also like the cars they drive around in there to :lol:

I loved Affordable...I found a 1986 Buick Century Grand Sport there once...1 of 3 I've found in yards and 1 of 1029 built.

They've always had a good selection of W's and great prices on engines. I got quoted $500 for an engine/trans combo from a '99 Regal GS once, if I pulled it myself. I bought my HUD for my old '95 there for $25, they had no clue what it was. Rearview mirrors, auto-dimming or not, $5 each.