L-67 Swap

EviLette

that bottle might get a 3.1L 5spd to a mid 15sec quarter mile time

while destroying the bottom end.

At least it would be a glorious end. Beats the hell out of getting sent to a junkyard to rot.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EviLette

• Euro

• MonteCarloDude

• 93CutlassSupreme

At least it would be a glorious end. Beats the hell out of getting sent to a junkyard to rot.

That is true. When my motor comes near its final days NOS will be its last breath.

That is true. When my motor comes near its final days NOS will be its last breath.

:werd: same here. I plan on at least a 100 horse shot.

I will say go for the L67 swap.

I knew almost nothing about my car, the 3.1 that was in it and the L67 thats in it now when I decided on the swap. I also had nowhere to do the swap either, I lived in the dorms at college. I guess I was just lucky to find some people to help me out with a garage and tools and whatnot.

And when it came down to doing the wiring, I was petrified of it. But I got some diagrams and with help from the former L67swap.com web page, I was able to do it, and it started on the first try. I was very surprised at how easy it ended up being. If you can read and can match wire colors, you should be in business. going from OBD1 to OBD2 is not hard at all. Just wire up the OBD2 connector to the existing data signal wires and add a power and ground. Its the greatest feeling in the world when that thing starts for the first time!!

And for all the whiners who keep bringing up the engine fire thing and all the other excuses about the L67 being played out, just ignore them. I know of only a few swapped cars in Ohio where I live and theres only one Lumina as far as I know. I have never received a bad comment about my car from anyone. And when people see it, they are usually pretty impressed. That, and I can't count the number of times I have seen a 60* engine in the J/Y with an engine fire. If you are worried, just keep the extinguisher in the back seat, I still do.

Also, if you just want to buy a swapped GP that will run 13's let me know. I know someone trying to sell one.

You guys are not going to kill the 3.1 bottom end with NOS. Haven't you seen the video?

You guys are not going to kill the 3.1 bottom end with NOS. Haven't you seen the video?

Nope. I'm sure if the bottom end didn't go, the 4T60 sure would.

The 4t60-e would be LONG GONE before the bottom end went.

:lol: 4T60-e would be long gone after a while on a stock 3.1/3100. :bash:

QFT!!!!

I will say go for the L67 swap.

I knew almost nothing about my car, the 3.1 that was in it and the L67 thats in it now when I decided on the swap. I also had nowhere to do the swap either, I lived in the dorms at college. I guess I was just lucky to find some people to help me out with a garage and tools and whatnot.

And when it came down to doing the wiring, I was petrified of it. But I got some diagrams and with help from the former L67swap.com web page, I was able to do it, and it started on the first try. I was very surprised at how easy it ended up being. If you can read and can match wire colors, you should be in business. going from OBD1 to OBD2 is not hard at all. Just wire up the OBD2 connector to the existing data signal wires and add a power and ground. Its the greatest feeling in the world when that thing starts for the first time!!

And for all the whiners who keep bringing up the engine fire thing and all the other excuses about the L67 being played out, just ignore them. I know of only a few swapped cars in Ohio where I live and theres only one Lumina as far as I know. I have never received a bad comment about my car from anyone. And when people see it, they are usually pretty impressed. That, and I can't count the number of times I have seen a 60* engine in the J/Y with an engine fire. If you are worried, just keep the extinguisher in the back seat, I still do.

I've seen them happening occasionally in the news, and seen them in JYs too. It just doesn't scare me. Like I said a while back, I'll keep a fire extinguisher in my car. Not a bad idea to have one in there anyways. :biggrin:

As far as the swap and stuff goes.. the problem is this: I don't know ANYONE with tools, lifts, or anything of the sort.. nor do I have any expierence with wiring. I had to have help figuring out what to do for the stereo in my car (had it professionally installed) because I don't know anything about watts/volts/ohms. I just don't get it. The watts/volts/amps deal w/e we totally skipped over in Automotove. And if you can't tell by the fact that I'm throwing watts (light) in with volts/ohms/and amps should speak blatantly for my ignorance. I don't have the resources to get it done on my own, and I'm fairly certain that the wiring on my GP isn't placed exactly like it should be and all that jazz. Knowing the last mechanic that did serious motor work on it (IE the last motor swap) I'm running into little frays, wires spliced together hastily with electrical tape... so eventually I will have to go through all the wiring. I'm just not looking forward to it. Especially not with a stock power steering unit. :rolleyes: