HUD windshield

shadow

There is minimal difference in most windshields. MANY people have added HUD to cars that did not come factory with HUD.

People have mentioned it is a little more clear with the HUD windshield, but it is not necessary. For the price difference, I'd be going with just the normal windshield!

I have 2 1994 Cutlass Supremes...One car originally had HUD and the other did not. The HUD display on the non-HUD windshield is actually CLEARER than the HUD display on the car with the HUD windshield. It was slightly angled on the car with the HUD windshield making it harder to read.

Interchange no.: 270-5155b

CUTLASS 89 w/head-up instrument display opt UV6

CUTLASS 90-96 2 Dr, w/head-up instrument display opt UV6

CUTLASS 97 Supreme, 2 Dr, w/head-up instrument display opt UV6

GRAND PRIX 89 w/head-up instrument display opt UV6

GRAND PRIX 90-96 2 Dr, w/head-up instrument display opt UV6

|B| fits |A|; difference is head-up instrument control.

|C| fits |A|, |C| has solar glass. (1996 Regal had solar glass)

I added one to my cutlass, I can see it way more than fine, I almost never have it up more than 3/4, unless it's the middle of the day and really bright out

I'd have to agree with others. I've installed HUD on a few '94 - '96 GPs that didn't come with it, and you can still see it fine. It's a bit harder to read in the daylight if you don't use a HUD windshield, but otherwise, not a big deal at all.

yep. the info above is correct.

also specifically from the FSM manual, it says HUD windshields are regular windshields that were checked for optical clarity. so a non HUD approved window may still be fine.

HOWEVER... if given the choice, I would get a PPG OEM windsheild, as I think they are better optically than the aftermarket. the 94 sedan and 92 vert have newer after market windshields, and I think they are poorer quality than the PPG glass.

I'd have to agree with others. I've installed HUD on a few '94 - '96 GPs that didn't come with it, and you can still see it fine. It's a bit harder to read in the daylight if you don't use a HUD windshield, but otherwise, not a big deal at all.

yep...then I tined my windshield and it shows up perfectly..lol

yep...then I tined my windshield and it shows up perfectly..lol

Why would you tint a windshield? I hear sunglasses work well.

looks better....and harder for people to see inside....35% on the windshield and 20% all around...my stereo and such.

Keeps the car REALLY cool in the summer...

I can cruise w/ the ac on low in 100* temps....and it is more than enough.

looks better....and harder for people to see inside....35% on the windshield and 20% all around...my stereo and such.

Keeps the car REALLY cool in the summer...

I can cruise w/ the ac on low in 100* temps....and it is more than enough.

I'm sure it does look nice, but I wouldn't tint a windshield for obvious safety reasons. Plus, miniquads aren't exactly the brightest headlights on the road.

It seriously isn't as big of a deal as people think....I can see fine

..and the silverstars I have easily negate any darkening effects of the tint

:thumbsup: Whatever floats your boat.

Well I am gonna find a windshield replace place on Monday. Anyone know if the windshield for our cars are rare or expensive? Under $200?

thx

Chris

glass master did a non-hud windshield in the 94 CS for about $160 installed. but that was a cheap windsheild.

a used one is about $50, and if you know how to install... about $15 in materials and 30 minutes of labor.

I was just quoted $390 installed for a hud windshield installed at my home tomorrow. I am just gonna bite the bullet and have the HUD one installed.

WHY?????????????

I was just quoted $390 installed for a hud windshield installed at my home tomorrow. I am just gonna bite the bullet and have the HUD one installed.

WHY?????????????

Yeah I know but I know nothing about this stuff and just moved to the area so I don't have many choices around here. Lifetime replacement on the windshield even if it gets hit by stones on the road etc.