Roof rails ***UPDATE - I scored a set *** NEW PICS PAGE 4

jeremy

This just in read all about it.

Jsut got off the phone with my buddies at Chevrolet.

12336037-Drivers side fits 00+

12336036-Passenger side fits 00+

The only numbers listed are for a coupe. Sedan is not listed.

As I posted earlier about them being different could be a mistake. They could very well be the same length.

List is $153 each, cost is $113 each.

GM Parts Direct has them for $96 each and they are in stock. $21 each for shipping.

Pace Performance has them for $117 each. Shipping unknown.

Oh and someone with a coupe please measure your roof from the windshield to the rear window. I am going to go and measure my sedan and post it up soon.

Sedan is 46"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• wildbill

I still don't believe that the 2 door and 4 door roof rails are different. I only ever see them listed as roof rails, not as "4 door" or "2 door" specific. One of my friends found a sedan Spec. Ed. in a j/y a year or so ago and they fit his coupe.

As a Special Edition owner, I'm about 99% certain that the roof rails are the same for the coupe and sedan. I managed to pick up a set for free off of another special edition sedan a few summers ago (put them on ebay) but they are really hard to find. The most common ones are on the 40th Anniversary Edition GP's but they are all painted the dark cherry metallic versus black like the Daytona and SE's.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Terry ended up getting some....

Yeah, I would probably try the dealer for this one.

nahh...i never got them...the part numbers i had were discontinued...

They are indeed discontinued from what I've read on ClubGP. Coming across them in the yards is probably going to be difficult, too, as the number of cars that came with them from the factory isn't huge to begin with, and it isn't yet super common to come across loaded Gen II GPs in the yards, let alone the editions that had these.

There is a set on eBay right now, but they're not going to go cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200206010984&rd=1

I read it, but I know better than to buy into what the dealers say. Many people on ClubGP have been waiting for "backorders" on these rails for months before giving up. They had a "quality problem" on the last batch they produced, that problem being sets of 2 LH rails (no RHs were made). :neutral: Thus why the used ones go for big bucks.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4304002&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

• 2 months later...

***UPDATE***

I scored a set of roof rails on craigslist for a grand total of $30 :thumb:

pics? lets see it! come on!

I will try to snap a couple pics tonight. I have to wash the Spyder and take a couple pics with her new shoes on too.

Wow- Craigslist is def a good place to get DEALS sometimes! That's unreal. $30! LOL...if they would've listed them on frickin eBay- that seller would've got like 6-7 times as much, if not MORE for them. :lol:

Hey- what do you guys think of "SHAVING" the seams on the roof, rather than installing a set of these rails ? I think it would look nice. (just not really practical as rain water would roll right off the roof and onto all the windows... ya know? *(those 'body seams' sort of act as rain gutters too I think)

I like the Daytona rails though... def sweet. I can't believe GM FUBAR'd the production of them and sold sets of LH ones only. That's unreal.

yeah i think they look like shit.... take them off and send em to

titan supply Lp

attn cam hanlan

:lol:

but seriously those look great. you gonna leave them black or body match them