Which Aftermarket Speakers Should I Get?

89GranSport

Well in that price range you should just go with the Cadence comps. They sell them direct on E Bay shipped for like $65. They will be better that or as good as anything mentioned in this thread in the $100 and less price range.

Ahhh found a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ270218230717QQihZ017QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well in that price range you should just go with the Cadence comps. They sell them direct on E Bay shipped for like $65. They will be better that or as good as anything mentioned in this thread in the $100 and less price range.

Ahhh found a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ270218230717QQihZ017QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Boston Acoustics..

http://search.ebay.com/boston-6x9_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfasiZ1QQfbfmtZ1QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ34QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ2QQsacatZQ2d1QQsascsZ2QQsbrbinZt

Pioneer

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R40&sbrbin=t&_trksid=m37&satitle=pioneer+6x9&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&a6=-24&a31302=-24&a14=-24&a10244=-24&alist=a6%2Ca31302%2Ca14%2Ca10244%2Ca3801&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1550&pfid=1908&pf_query=pioneer+6x9&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=63376&fbfmt=1&sabfmts=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fobfmt=1&saobfmts=insif&fsop=34%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

Kenwood

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R40&sbrbin=t&_trksid=m37&satitle=kenwood+6x9&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&a6=-24&a31302=-24&a14=-24&a10244=-24&alist=a6%2Ca31302%2Ca14%2Ca10244%2Ca3801&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1550&pfid=1908&pf_query=kenwood+6x9&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=63376&fbfmt=1&sabfmts=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fobfmt=1&saobfmts=insif&fsop=34%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

Boston are at the type of my list, followed by Pioneer, and Kenwood..

Boston, best sound quality for the price

Pioneer, Good full range, and durable speaker, for the price

Kenwood, Cheapest, and yet the best bang for the buck.

I cant stand Alpine, Sony. JL audio is something you save up for, when you just want the best, and you get it all done at once..

If you are using a stock head unit, I would probly go for the Pioneer or the Kenwood.

I have Infinity Reference all around in the Olds. It's 5.25" components in the front door, and 6x9 3-way in the rear deck. They sound really good with a Pioneer head unit. I wish I had a decent amp, but I don't.

Ahhh found a link

I bought a car with cadence components and 6x9s in it and lemme tell ya. garbage. at first I was siked, but then I got a head unit in there and heard how shitty they were. what a dissapointment because I even gave them my approval here in the past. :redface:

they were probably older but there is no way I would buy another set of speakers from them, what a joke.

I got a pretty good cadence 1500 watt sub amp used from a friend. came with a beefy 3 farad capacitor. it would probably scream on most normal subs that dont hit as low as the W-7 but it cuts off the lowest notes. other than that its nice as hell. but still, my opinion on cadence is not so much.

exactly what someone else said. save up for JL audio.

Well who knows what set you had? Who knows how they were installed or how they were powered?

Its highly possible they were installed incorrectly, wired incorrectly or not utilized properly.

As far as the amps go you get pretty good value from them. Not the cats asz, but not priced as such either.

The old adage you get what you pay for almsot always implies to Car Audio, period.

the cones were cracked for some reason but yes the install was hokee install job for sure.

they had the door speakers mounted inside the door panels. instead of in the pods.

the deck was fried and all the wiring had to be re done. because I didnt do it. lol. youre right who installs it is a huge factor.

they would of been way better off with stock.

lol sounds like they would of been better of keeping their hands off it.

Them $75 Cadence comps are good deal for the money. They aint all that, but for $75 they rock.

Also note CDT has a store on E Bay. I seen like 3-5 sets of Classic comps B stock for $99! What a steal! If you havent purchased I would get them over the Cadence, but either set is still pretty damned good for the $.

The CDT B stock usually goes for $150. They B stocked a bunch of drivers due to the paint being wrong on the baskets... lame. But good value for the consumer.