Which Aftermarket Speakers Should I Get?

89GranSport

OK, now that I have figured out my speaker sizes and am ready to replace my dying stock speakers, which speakers should I get? I'm looking for some speakers that will have around the same if not better sound quality as stock GM speakers. Quality is mainly what I'm looking for, I bought a pair of 6x9" speakers for the back of my car and within three months they broke and sounded horrible. What speakers to you recommend? Do you think I should get 2-way, 3-way, or 4-way speakers? Thanks!

cheapest?

just get some at the J/Y.

I've already been to a few junk yards so far and most of them don't have a lot of W-Bodies. But there are a few junk yards I haven't been to in a while, so I'll keep my eyes peeled the next time I go to one.

I like Kenwood and Alpine, but they are not cheap.

For 6x9s I like to go with a 3 or 4 way setup.

How much would (2) 6x9's and (2) 4x6's cost me in either brand? What setup should I go with for 4x6's, a 2-way, 3-way, or 4-way?

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys! :biggrin: I'm probably going to go with either Kenwood or Infinity, and I'm probably going to order them through Crutchfield, since they include the speaker wiring harnesses and a few other things free when you buy speakers through them.

Sorry to hear that.

For 6x9's in the rear your absolute best bet and bang for the buck is simple 2 way designs. They usually tout a better tweeter than any of the 3 or 4 way designs.

Ditto for in the front.

buy from here, best prices by far. crutchfield is waaayyy overpriced.

for the front, i suggest getting components, speaker and tweeter are separate. sounds much better than a 2 way.

for the rear, standard 2 or 3 way is fine.

as for brands, Polk, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics, JL, Infinity 'Kappa' series, are all good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys! :biggrin: I'm probably going to go with either Kenwood or Infinity, and I'm probably going to order them through Crutchfield, since they include the speaker wiring harnesses and a few other things free when you buy speakers through them.

I wanted infinity but I ended up going with pioneer d-series in the front and rear, and I can't complain. Then again, it's my first stereo, so why should I? :lol:

How much do you have to spend freely for a good front stage?

Thats a huge part of what you can get. Many good brands out their with vary strong points among your price point.

How much do you have to spend freely for a good front stage?

Thats a huge part of what you can get. Many good brands out their with vary strong points among your price point.

Probably $100-$110 total for two front speakers, I just can't bring myself to pay anymore than that for two speakers.