Where exactly is the IAC?

90TGPGirl

I need to clean the IAC and throttle body. Where exactly is the IAC and how to you clean it. I think it may have oil build up, which is causing my car to stall.

Oh and, are non turbo GP ignition coils the same as turbo ones?? I have 3 brand new ones at home that were for my 91 SE, but since I no longer have it, I was thinking about putting them on my TGP.

Thanks!!

IAC stands for Idle Air Control, it controls how fast your car idles. It's the little black thing on your throttle body, looks almost like a film cartridge container. There's a little pintle in there, clean that off and clean the passages in the throttle body that open up when you remove the IAC.

I would sure think the coils would be the same, I know the whole ign. module and coils are the same between the 3.4 and 2.8, and the same coils are used on a lot of engines, 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl. They just add coils. So I'd say yea, they should work.

Don't move the pintel or it will take a while to learn to idle. The point sticking out of the iac. Its actually a screw and a motor.

jud