This what you're looking for?

j_mezz

Was in a junk yard nearby me on Long Island looking for CS parts and saw this...I'm an Olds guy so I don't know these cars very well but I'm always willing to help out. It was on top so I didn't get pictures of the interior but if anyone needs something I can try to get back there.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• j_mezz

• Addicted To Boost

• krenzy

• Rdrckt_92

Another Islander? And a CS guy at that! Denton Ave, Garden City South. It's the only decent one I know of. Where on the Island are you, got any good ones by you?

Another Islander? And a CS guy at that! Denton Ave, Garden City South. It's the only decent one I know of. Where on the Island are you, got any good ones by you?

Heh, I'm in Suffolk, in either Ridge or Babylon depending on if I'm home or at work. The only good ones I know of are Lakewood Auto Salvage in Lindenhurst, and Mid-Island auto in Babylon. If it's nothing urgent, I usually wait and go to Pennsylvania for a day during the weekend. Does this one you mention normally let people walk around? How about pulling your own parts?

It's kind-of small but they do let you walk around and 'browse'. They pull the parts and I think they're prices are probably high in comparison, but it's very close to home so I wander through there fairly often.

Wtf kind of yard lets you go out when they stack cars on top of each other?

that's probably why it isn't a u-pull :lol:

Still why let people into the yard?

Thats just asking for a lawsuit.

theres a yard an hour from me that every month has a $40 all you can carry day. You show up pay your $40 and they let you in and there cars are stacked 2 high and theres about 30 or 40 rows of cars and they are long long rows and basically anything you can pull off and carry out in one trip is yours, I go a few times a year.

Only catch is you have to carry your parts and all your tools in one shot acrossed this line as you leave. guys have taken hole motors, lol its good fun :D

Wtf kind of yard lets you go out when they stack cars on top of each other?

that's probably why it isn't a u-pull :lol:

Still why let people into the yard?

Thats just asking for a lawsuit.

That is kinda dumb, but don't tell them that or I'll have to get ALL my parts on E-Gay!

All the yards around here make you sign a waiver before you enter the yard.

That's pretty much everywhere unless you somehow stumble into a real "backwoods" type junkyard. If you get hurt at one of those, they probably just crush you along with one of the old cars. :lol:

Yea definitely get the louvers! I got a set off a TSTE a few years back, got'em for $15 from the yard and were in damn near perfect shape. Of course i found them after making the ram-air hood, so i put them on ebay, sold for $120+ shipping

OK, here's the deal, they want 75 for the hood but won't sell the louvers seperately. I could probably buy the hood and just take the louvers, are they worth $75 + shipping to anyone?

got more pictures, the hood and louvers do look pretty nice, as does the interior. Drivers seat already gone, but has all the bells and whistles - HUD, stock CD, rear buckets. PM me for the full resolution pictures. I hate to see good parts go to waste so I'll get anything anyone wants, I just don't want to start a collection of parts for a car I don't have.

StockGP asked about the hood first so he's got dibs. I don't think I want to get involved with shipping that thing though...or the seats but I can pick up and hold for a little while.

it might take time....but you will eventually get $75 for those louvers....

please get them and save them....i'd cry if I found out how many have been sent to the crushers.

GM doesn't have any left...only one or two pass side ones...and they want $150 for it.