Convertible Dome Light Switches

j_mezz

• 4 weeks later...
Still have plenty more switches and LED bulbs - $3 shipping - $8 for 2 switches - $12 for 4 led bulbs.

i sent u a pm can u send me a paypal invoice ? i need these asap thank you

I successfully lobbied the original manufacturer of dome light switches to re-manufacture some switches for me. I ordered a couple of hundred and they just showed up today. $8 a pair plus shipping ($2.50).

It's probably just my cars they broke on, right? :)

I'll post a picture tomorrow night.

7/28/11 update - Acting on a tip from another W-bodier I picked up some LED bulbs that fit right into the original housing. These eliminate the heat buildup that causes the switches to go bad. I can provide a set of 4 for $12.

Do you have any left? (Switches and the LED Lamps) and if you do, do you acept Pay Pal?

Hey Droptop, I do still have them, pm sent.

Capcrunk - I sent you a paypal invoice I'll send them out as soon as I receive payment.

Edited by j_mezz

• 1 month later...

Hey Randy, i sent you an invoice. Should be able to get them out Monday, I'll keep an eye out for your payment.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, haven't been around much lately...

• 1 month later...
I would very much like to buy a set of the switches and set of 4 LED lights if I can please email me with the info on how boglebd@msn.com Bruce thanks.

I need the clear plastics piece, the two switches, bulbs, and the actual switch if you have it.

Thanks

I successfully lobbied the original manufacturer of dome light switches to re-manufacture some switches for me. I ordered a couple of hundred and they just showed up today. $8 a pair plus shipping ($2.50). It's probably just my cars they broke on, right? :) I'll post a picture tomorrow night. 7/28/11 update - Acting on a tip from another W-bodier I picked up some LED bulbs that fit right into the original housing. These eliminate the heat buildup that causes the switches to go bad. I can provide a set of 4 for $12.
I think I have bought one of these from you before nut i need another one, and didnt you get the plastic clear covers made as well ?? I need the whole piece, switch with buttons on both ends, LED Bulbs, do you have an LED Bulb for the light in the back of the consolde that shines in the back so the light wont be white up top and yellow on bottom, them the clear plastice cover. Just shoot me a cost.Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The LED dome light bulbs that j-mezz sells will fit in the rear of the center console. They fit in the map lights in the rear view mirror as well once the U shapped terminal clips are pinched together a bit to hold the smaller diameter LED light bulbs.

Mine arrived today. Just finished putting one of the new switches into the assembly, I was able to install it without doing any splicing, by separating the two halves with an exacto knife and simply inserting the original wires. Tested it and it works great!

Very elegant solution! I always figured if I separated them a spring would shoot my eye out!

Do you still have the old ones to maybe take some pictures of? If not I can try it...I've got a few more around here somewhere...:)

BTW, this thread just passed it's 5th year anniversary (:dance:), maybe it deserves to be a stickie?

Edited by j_mezz

• 3 months later...
Switches are still available ($4 ea), LED's are (3$ ea). Shipping is $3.50 for any combination....

Have any switches and bulbs left? Need two switches and 4 bulbs if you have them. How do I pay, paypal? Thanks. Larry