Paint trunk rack?

Captain Ficho

What should I do with my trunk rack?  

1. 1. What should I do with my trunk rack?

• Gloss Black
    • Same as body
    • Leave as is
    • Flat black

I have a 92 CS Int'l 4dr Sedan and one of the things that has kinda irked me is the factory trunk racks color. Nowhere else on the body is there any medium gray, so why on the trunk rack? I'm considering painting it gloss black or painting it the same color as the body (medium garnet red metallic, iirc) because it really sticks out the way it is now. The rest of the trim around the windows and all around the car is either gloss or flat black so that is why I am considering painting it gloss black, I am also going to be getting 35% tints very soon and I think a gloss black trunk rack might match. I'm also considering painting it the same color as the body for a flush look, but I worry it might disappear then and become unnoticeable. Removing the trunk rack isn't an option, by the way, because I like how it looks. I just think it is ridiculous that they made it a color that is nowhere in my car unless they did it to accent my charcoal interior? Even then it would still be too light. :rolleyes:

Picture for reference:

2949223_2_full.jpg

I took my trunk rack off and bondo'd the trunklid in favor of a euro spoiler, which I happen to like better than the z-34 spoiler. I took it off because it was leaking and I couldnt leave it without anything, since it looked terrible.

I kinda like the rack, but the question is, do you put any luggage on it? Its sorta an odd throwback to earlier times with a poorly thought out "more modern" 80's design. I would sooner put a spoiler on than a luggage rack.

Edit: If you have to paint it, do not do body color. I cant decide on flat black or gloss black

Im leaning toward flat black. voted.

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards flat black too but I'm going to wait until I get the tints and maybe then make a more conclusive decision. I never put jack on it but I'm trying to keep it looking as stock as possible.

Given this thread, I'm starting to think I'm a total douche, having bought a junkyard trunk rack/spoiler for my regal and painted it semi-gloss black, with plans to drill the holes in the trunk to mount it...

Would someone care to confirm my suspicion?

Even though I still kinda like the idea.

Given this thread, I'm starting to think I'm a total douche, having bought a junkyard trunk rack/spoiler for my regal and painted it semi-gloss black, with plans to drill the holes in the trunk to mount it...

I always thought the rear of your car needed something. Like I said, I liked my rack, i hated my car with a plain trunklid and I liked my euro spoiler best.

And prove everyone wrong again. Its whatever you want to do to your car.

I always thought the rear of your car needed something. Like I said, I liked my rack, i hated my car with a plain trunklid and I liked my euro spoiler best.

And prove everyone wrong again. Its whatever you want to do to your car.

I suppose. I think I'll go ahead and do it anyway, since I have the thing painted and have already bought and installed replacement bulbs for the brake light that comes on the wing.

I think it'd look ok to add a rack, but not the parts in the middle. for example, the "spoiler" part and the arms for that, but none of the middle ones.

The two in the middle need to stay because they're part of the wing, leaving 4 parts in the middle out of a total of 7.

Guest BrOnXBoMbAz213

i say remove it alltogether.... but since thats not an option....

paint it gloss black...

nowhere on your car is there flat black either unless you want to accent the tires????? :confused:

nowhere on your car is there flat black either unless you want to accent the tires????? :confused:

The frame around the windshield it is flat black, the frame around the rear window is flat black. There are also two flat black pieces of trim on the rear passenger and driver side doors. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...