Antenna

mra32

I'm looking to scrap the stock antenna completely and put in a new one. I have been without it for a few years now and have used the antenna hole in the trunk for a water pistol type device and I never liked the antenna being there anyway. I however recently started to listen to NPR alot and would like the option of radio in my car. I was thinking that I could mount a new antenna on the roof. Either a stubby angled one or one of those shark fins. Could somebody point me in the right direction for a kit or something, or tell me if its not possible.

Does anyone have any experience with these antennas? If im going through with the expense and effort of buying and installing one of these antennas, I'd like reception as good as or better than stock.

I also have considered wiring in an FM modulator with this. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Any install bay will carry the rubber antenna's. They don't work as well, but they do work sufficiently. We just recently got powered window antenna's in our bay. They work pretty well, and are pretty easy to install also.

FM modulator's are alright. The sound quality is so-so, but 10000x better than using the wireless FM transmitter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S2000-Fuba-Hybrid-Antenna-Acura-Integra-GSR-NSX_W0QQitemZ190187202660QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33639QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would something like that work? And with like those cables, is there any way to change the length, adding my own conncectors.

And could i buy one of those powered window antennas and install it myself, how much would that be?

I'm not sure what the hell type connector is on that.

This is what we sell: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gaI6xFtTOji/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=12044UA200

And... while your at it, just run a new length of antenna line also. The antenna wire is pretty cheap in most any install bay, and this will also eliminate needing to use an antenna adapter for an aftermarket radio, or multiple antenna adapter's for a hardwired FM Modulator.