Replacing All 4-struts - Do I need need new Strut Mounts & Hardware?

Fmr12B

Ordering up all new KYB's from TireRack to replace the worn suspension and noted alongside the struts they also sell strut mounts.

Do I need to buy new mounts? Just front? Just rear?

If so, do I need the heavy duty front strut mounts?

If not until I break something, is there any foolproof way in telling if I need new mounts before breaking down the suspension?

In its 113K mile life I seriously doubt it has ever seen snow or salt so there no rusted parts or bolts from what I can tell.

Thanks!

being a CA car? not likely. THe ones that usually go bad are the ones in the rear.

I've been experimenting with servicing the OEM fronts with some trial and error by increasing fluid viscocity.

If not until I break something, is there any foolproof way in telling if I need new mounts before breaking down the suspension?

In its 113K mile life I seriously doubt it has ever seen snow or salt so there no rusted parts or bolts from what I can tell.

a bad strut mount is usually associated with a clunk type noise. if you dont have that noise, then yours are likely fine. however, it is a 12 year old car with over 100k miles, so in my opinion they are due if they havent been replaced once already.

I would replace the rear mounts, only because the rear suspension has to be dropped therefore it needs an allignment, however the front mount can be done any day you chose if it happens to go bad

Never under any circumstances leave the mounts on when replacing the struts. I did that the last time to make things easier, and I've had to replace 2 out of the 4 mounts before I redo the suspension over the winter.

I'll be placing an order for two rear strut mounts along with the 4 new struts. If the front's are worn I'll pick those up from my local Advance Auto or do those at a later time.

If I decide to buy front mounts do I need the heavy duty ones?

Well the TireRack is now $480 wealthier! :cry:

KYB Front $39x2

KYB Rear $50x2

KYB Rear Mount $40x2

General Altimax RT 225/60/16 $68x2 for the Concorde LXi

+ Shipping of $86

you shoulda checked out rockauto!!!!!!!!

Kybgr2s FTMFW. I put mine one about 50-60k ago and they are still performing top notch. I put new mounts all the way around. If you front ones look like the rubber is starting to dryrot then I would replace them. If not I would just keep them.