Wiper Arm removal?

Stevo

In order to stop my new car from leaking I have to put a cap on the air stack that sits under the wiper assembly on the passenger side of the car. I cannot get the goddamn wiper blades off because the pinhole at the blade arm seems to not work the same as my 88' and 93' cutlasses wiper arms. The pinhole allows for the insertion of a rivet to keep the arm angled in line with the base instead of the springloaded angle which it uses to press the blade to the glass. Well when you angle back the arm to get the pin in place there isnt any way to put the pin in and I have noticed a slot on the base which to me indicates some kind of special tool which holds the arm in place in order to disengage the unit.

Here is the idea I am working with to solve the water leak.

stackcapbs0.jpg

Well I didn't see that the cover is 2 piece so I managed to get access to the vent.

The opening was about 7x10 and allowed for every drop of water running down the windshield on that side to run into the car. I'm surprised everything works.

I installed a shield to facilitate run off from the windshield to either flow over the opening or run away from it. Hopefully this works.

I'll post pictures later of today's fun. I can't believe that this car had the very same problem my 88' did. How the hell did GM overlook this???