damn snow........

hell_raiser

i hit the breaks well i was turning

which means......

sounds like you need to learn how to drive

X2

Bad things do happen, but this sounds like inexperienced driving to me

that, and....you dont know how to spell

so what did we learn by reading this thread kids?

brake BEFORE you go into a curve (if needed). dont break for every curve when you dont need to....thats so annoying in the canyon roads around here........anyway, carry on

drive slower in the snow!

Which should already be common sense!!!!!!!

Also, don't drive too slow either. I've been behind people going 20 on the highway just cause there was a little bit of snow on the road. it wasnt even slippery. I dunno which is worse. Someone who is driving too slowly for road conditions or someone who is going too fast. And another thing i cant stand is people with 4x4's and summer tires thinking that they are king shit just cause they have 4 wheel drive, ABS and traction control and can accelerate quickly when its slippery. I love seeing them wipe out and end up in the ditch. That is as long as the only people involved are themselves. I think that they need to have Controlled environments where people can go and actually practice driving they're own vehicles in different winter conditions to get accustomed to how it will handle and respond in real life situations.

got our first snow of the year :mad:

only got about an inch, but it was below 20F, so everything was icy. didnt go to work FTW :high5: (we already decided we werent going to come in if it snowed and the ice topped it off)

soo i hit a curb today, and my lower controll arm is bent or mabby worse the tabs!on the sub frame :eek:

i was driving along at about 30 hit the breaks took a left. the car turend than i hit slush, next thing i know is i either could have picked the trees or a curb i took curb looks like a mistake eh :mad: on the good side is my car is all good - the subframe. i may try a good lower controll arm and see what that dose.

then i was driving to the mall after it all happend i lightly hit the breaks then it fellt like the car was draging on the ground!. i came to a red light then my rear left tire lockes up i was like wtf, soo, got out pulled the tire then damn my caliper was loose! needless to say i tightend them up then the car was good.

i must get some pics ! :sad:

Here's how I understood this:

He was driving and took a turn at 30mph. He hit the brakes. As he was skidding, he could have hit trees or a curb. He hit the curb and bent the control arm? Rather than towing his car at that point, he still drove to the mall (priorities lol), and his car felt as if it was DRAGGING ON THE GROUND. Even after this, rather than towing his car, he kept driving. He came to a light and his rear brakes locked. So (at the light apparently) he pulls of the tire and his rear caliper is loose! He tightened it up while holding traffic back and the car is magically "good". And he'll get us some pics!

a Durrr lol. I dont know . one time i was doing 5 mph with my beretta and went to slow for the light and the car went right for the curb. i didnt wail it though. It didnt even bend the rim :mrgreen:

soo i hit a curb today, and my lower controll arm is bent or mabby worse the tabs!on the sub frame :eek:

i was driving along at about 30 hit the breaks took a left. the car turend than i hit slush, next thing i know is i either could have picked the trees or a curb i took curb looks like a mistake eh :mad: on the good side is my car is all good - the subframe. i may try a good lower controll arm and see what that dose.

then i was driving to the mall after it all happend i lightly hit the breaks then it fellt like the car was draging on the ground!. i came to a red light then my rear left tire lockes up i was like wtf, soo, got out pulled the tire then damn my caliper was loose! needless to say i tightend them up then the car was good.

i must get some pics ! :sad:

Here's how I understood this:

He was driving and took a turn at 30mph. He hit the brakes. As he was skidding, he could have hit trees or a curb. He hit the curb and bent the control arm? Rather than towing his car at that point, he still drove to the mall (priorities lol), and his car felt as if it was DRAGGING ON THE GROUND. Even after this, rather than towing his car, he kept driving. He came to a light and his rear brakes locked. So (at the light apparently) he pulls of the tire and his rear caliper is loose! He tightened it up while holding traffic back and the car is magically "good". And he'll get us some pics!

I'm laughing so hard that I'm tearing up...literally

i hit a curb going about 20 once in the cavalier. i took a turn, and about halfway through i just started sliding, almost at a 45* angle to the curb. I was smart though, and turned my wheels straight, and basically just rolled up the curb, into a snow mound, waited for a few people behind me not to make the same mistake, backed off, and continued on my way with no problems at all, other than being 45 seconds later than I otherwise would have been.

"Common sense isn't as common as it used to be." - Norman Rockwell

Also, don't drive too slow either. I've been behind people going 20 on the highway just cause there was a little bit of snow on the road. it wasnt even slippery. I dunno which is worse. Someone who is driving too slowly for road conditions or someone who is going too fast. And another thing i cant stand is people with 4x4's and summer tires thinking that they are king shit just cause they have 4 wheel drive, ABS and traction control and can accelerate quickly when its slippery. I love seeing them wipe out and end up in the ditch. That is as long as the only people involved are themselves. I think that they need to have Controlled environments where people can go and actually practice driving they're own vehicles in different winter conditions to get accustomed to how it will handle and respond in real life situations.

x2 brotha! Fuck I CAN'T STAND ppl on the freeway going 40km/h in a 90km/h zone when there is a little snow or it's a bit slippery. If you don't have the confidence to do the speed limit at least get in the RIGHT lane..or use the city streets instead if you are too scared. I don't want to brag or anything but I know my Lumina inside and out and I know exactly how it will respond to different movements in different conditions.