anyone have a real or homemade j-28467 engine support?

Psych0matt

this would make doing the trans a lot easier. a quick google shows that you can make one with wood, but no instructions or pics (unless i register and post at random caddy forums)

78791982.gif

My buddy took a 2x4 with a pipe on the top of it, and put it diagonally across his engine bay when he did his. Just make sure it rests on the body.

I have a similar setup I bought at NAPA for $100, but its not identical.

You can get these on ebay, or any big specialty tool place.

When I changed my tranny I pulled it with the motor through the top. I was going to drop the subframe but figured hell if I can just pull it all as one I wont have to fuck with the subframe. Its not that hard.

When I changed my tranny I pulled it with the motor through the top. I was going to drop the subframe but figured hell if I can just pull it all as one I wont have to fuck with the subframe. Its not that hard.

thats my suggestion Matt.

x2 if I don't HAVE to mess with the subframe and suspension, I won't! Up and out teh top!

well then pick a day to come and help! :lol:

yeah, the plan was to do all the mounts that I'll have accessible, so hopefully both lower mounts and tranny mount. I need to find the thread about the poly dogbone mod, too, cuz I wanna do that on it as well sometime

Going from the bottom is not hard, but im gunna have to say the top is easier. i went from the bottom because i did not want to spend an extra 2-300 on a hoist. i used a jack stand with wood on the oil pan. that works as your engine stand without damaging the pan. problem is.. yes the alignment. id rather spend 70 on an alignment than 300 on a hoist if you know you wont be doing projects of this sort again. also i would highly recommend having an impact for subframe bolts...sooo much easier.

Don't let this intimidate you. It really is not that hard. Just start taking off parts and sooner or later you won't have anything left but to hoist the bitch out. Whatch out for your brake resevouir. I think I spelled that wrong.