Front end noise

Bri-Guy-GA

OK, I raised the car up by the frame this weekend and lifted the engine cradle with my jack. While it moved up slightly it quickly took the car with it, so I don't think the noise I am hearing is the cradle bushings. I also lifted the engine and noticed that the passenger side motor mount moved up a good 1" or so before the chassis moved. Could the motor mounts be the cause of my noise? I had the guys at O'Reilly listen to it and he didn't think it was the CV joints. I have the sound on a .wav file, but can't find anyway to post it online. I also looked at the tranny fluid and its just below the hatched area, but I doubt thats the problem.

Next check the engine mount. has the noise gotten quieter?

Thats what i said earlier, I have had the same noise you are describing come down to a lower engine mount.

best way to test it, pop hood have someone outside the car watch the motor itself put car into drive and take off slowly and see if the motor lunges forward.

To me, it sounds like lower ball joints...

Would ball joints click though? It's not all the time either. I would think suspension would be constant. If I take off slow, nothing. Hit it and its click city. I was wondering if it could be tranny also.

Anyone want to hear it? Send me an email addy.

I have listened to these sounds. And its more mechanical sounding then steering sound. If that makes since. Like a bearing letting go, or, something with the cam. I am not sure. Its defenetly to repeative to say its suspension steering related.

The motor only has 15-20K on it. Could it be bad already? It's a GM crate motor installed right before I bought the GP. If it was an internal motor thing wouldn't it be a constant and not intermittent?

Looks like its time to take it to a garage to find out. Will keep you posted.