Just did new KYB's in the front and man am I pleased

asonofabeach69

All I gotta say is wow the ride quality improved immensely I guess it doesnt help that the sensatracs that where in there were shot. But the pogo ride because of the ST springs is almost completely gone. How much life should I expect out of these shocks w/ the st springs?

Onto another topic I need to know if somebody sells the yellow bumpers that sit just above the shocks, the one on my driver side was turned inside out and ripped badly and needs to be replaced soon. I called all around with no luck, my last resort will be a dealership I guess.

I bought the car in january so I have no idea when the sensatracs where installed, the passenger side one was still in decent shape but the driver side one was shot, all the gas from it was down in the strut.

I bought the car in january so I have no idea when the sensatracs where installed, the passenger side one was still in decent shape but the driver side one was shot, all the gas from it was down in the strut.

there is supposed to be oil in the strut case, and the cartridge is supposed to ride in it. and yes... it could have lost the gas charge, but the gas charge is nitrogen (right?) and therefore invisible.

Gee stupid me, I really thought there was liquid gas in there the whole time :rolleyes: shows you how much I know about shocks...at any event the driverside one just kinda fell into itself and was clanking real bad.

sensatracs suck. Well, they are "ok" on FE1 suspension cars (if they don't blow out on the first hard bump with passengers in the car), but anything else and you get the floating, "never dampens worth a shit" feel.

I am tempted to buy a set for my 92 vert. Hmmm.

what happened to talking me into sensatracs? :lol: changed your mind?

I have enough cars... one is a senso testbed... next one shall be a kyb testbed.

is tirerack cheapest???

sensatracs suck. Well, they are "ok" on FE1 suspension cars (if they don't blow out on the first hard bump with passengers in the car), but anything else and you get the floating, "never dampens worth a shit" feel.

I had no such complaints about the Sensatracs in the rear of my '95 GP.

$110 was just for the fronts.

ok, thats what I thought. I'll have to ask Jay how old the suspension on the TGP is (if he knows). maybe it'll be safe to just throw the Intrax's on as is

x2 I have no complaints about the sensatracs in the rear of the cutlass. And they're lifetime warrantee too. So free replacements for me as long as i own a 1st gen W :lol:

FE1 you have! They were great in my '90 Olds with the FE1 too. That suspension's springs seem to "travel" more, and is a better match for those struts.

Ken, try

3B5CEFC2693A

• 3 weeks later...