Air ports...

xtremerevolution

So on a different forum I talk in (Counter-Strike Source clan), I've got a few guys who are really into car audio. When asking what I can do to upgrade my system, one of them suggested that I cut some holes in my rear speaker board to allow the bass to get into the cabin more easily. Is this true?

Would cutting a big hole in the back of my speaker board improve the loudness of my subwoofer? If so, I might just take a dremel to it this week...

just take the rear speakers out. Dont are you really gonna cut up your car for something you dont know about?

Precisely why I'm asking around here. My rear speakers were $150 a pair though, so I'd rather leave them in. I suppose I could take them out temporarily just to see if it makes a difference though.

Taking out the rear speaker will make a difference, but I would not cut the rear deck as that is part of the structural part of the car..

Alright, thanks. I'll leave everything as is then. :smile:

hole saws are the way to go.

just take the rear speakers out. Dont are you really gonna cut up your car for something you dont know about?

I was worried about that so I cut a rear deck out of a junk yard car and used liquid nails to glue it in my car, then cut the holes after that.

so even with the holes the deck its stronger than stock.

Its stronger than stock cause you used liquid to bond them together?! yeah ok.... Compared to a 3500lbs car your liquid paste job doesnt stand a chance if something happens in that area

Or you could put rear buckets in and put a center console in and open your back panel.

HPIM1951.jpg?t=1189477220

Yeah. Only thing is, where do I find rear buckets to fit my 95 regal? And for how much?

yep the back seat in my car definitely has the fold down thing in the middle. There is a big difference in the amount of bass when its up and when its down. I also took out that dynamat type shit that is behind the seat.

Or you could put rear buckets in and put a center console in and open your back panel.

Yeah. Only thing is, where do I find rear buckets to fit my 95 regal? And for how much?

I got mine from the wreckers. I'll see and what I can dig up.

Regal Rear buckets never came with a pass through. Just FYI

GP rear benchs fliped down to make an armrest and a passthrough. Although, I like the rear buckets betters.

Man...if I could find some rear buckets that would fit in the back of my car in either black or silver (or something in between), I'd definitely go for it.

All 1st gen W coupe's with rear buckets will fit.

I did it to mine so the bass waves would expand in the cabin and blow my hair around.

before that it was blowing the back deck around. and slapping the brake light against the window.

I did it to mine so the bass waves would expand in the cabin and blow my hair around.

before that it was blowing the back deck around. and slapping the brake light against the window.

Aha! That's exactly what I needed to hear.

I would think that the prevention of my trunk's rattling like crazy would be reason enough to do something like this.

Would anyone else agree?

I would think that the prevention of my trunk's rattling like crazy would be reason enough to do something like this.

Would anyone else agree?

Geez xtremerevolution,

If you want the captains seats for the rear of your Regal like in the GP, theres a set in the Junk Yard I was telling you about. It's a black Cutlass Supreme with the rear seats and console. We could go Saturday too. This way you can have that small opening pass-though. OR you can just remove your rear seat and remove the thermal liner that lays between the trunk and the rear seats. Then reinstall the rear seat and not drop it into the hook part which holds it in place. Now you'll have a pretty large space where air can travel through freely which would be about a 2" gap between the rear deck and the rear seats. Now that, that!! will give you the bass you are looking for. Then you says your not about SPL. ha ha

but then you gotta take out the gas tank, wipe it down with alcohol and tape on that dynomat shit or else you will hear that whiney sone of a bitch ass fuel pump.

I actually drove around with my back seats out of the car last year while I needed to carry heavy long poles (ghetto @$$ buick), and I didn't hear any whine from the fuel pump at all. I did hear a lot of road noise though from the rear wheels.

Would anyone else agree?

Geez xtremerevolution,

If you want the captains seats for the rear of your Regal like in the GP, theres a set in the Junk Yard I was telling you about. It's a black Cutlass Supreme with the rear seats and console. We could go Saturday too. This way you can have that small opening pass-though. OR you can just remove your rear seat and remove the thermal liner that lays between the trunk and the rear seats. Then reinstall the rear seat and not drop it into the hook part which holds it in place. Now you'll have a pretty large space where air can travel through freely which would be about a 2" gap between the rear deck and the rear seats. Now that, that!! will give you the bass you are looking for. Then you says your not about SPL. ha ha

Alright, lets go to the yard on Saturday (if its open) and we can get those rear buckets.