Polished Lumina Rims (new pictures page 2)

Hairdo12

Rims on the Lumina were looking pretty bad so I thought I would freshen them up. Currently I only have the passenger side done. I'll do the drivers side next week. Only had enough power in the camera for one picture however.

Tomorrow if its not raining I'll take a full side shot of the car.

I used some Citrus strip (works great and much less toxic) then sanded with 220, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000... yeah took a while.

wheel1.jpg

i also have the four stock 16" rims off my Z34... you want to do them for me? lol.

you could do all the work for me then i can sell them, lol.. just kidding, but i am going to do that to mine as well, glad to see they look really good. when they are done i am going to put them on the 2002 impala.

Thanks for the comments. I like the way they look with the base chrome trim. I still have two to work on so I'll take some pictures of one while I do the work. The machined grooves on the wheels eat the sand paper really fast so I had to use alot of it at the beginning. I also had to tape my finger tips because within minutes my fingertips would be ground down to nothing. I'm at work now but I'll take more pictures when I go home.

I've had the Grand Prix Performance GT tires for about 4 years now and that is the first time anyone has ever noticed it. They are raised white letters on the other side.

sweet. now run them this winter and see what happens :lol:

The Lumina is retired and no longer sees the winter... but lets stay on topic and spare us the flaming.

The drivers side is against the wall so I couldn't get a decent shot of them with the old finish.

Right Rear

Wheel3.jpg

Right Front (please note I need to find a center cap at the jy because this one is damaged beyond repair)

Wheel2.jpg

Here is a full size shot

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/hairdo12/SANY0059.jpg

Use some metal polish and a high speed buffer, and those things will shine even more!

If you look towards the bottom of the rim where the flash is not over exposing the camera, you can see the reflection of the floor. Maybe I'll take shot of my cell phones reflection or if the weather clears up enough so I don't need to use the flash.

look great, but don't forget polished=shiny, Polished=from Poland! :lol:

Now I am no scholar, but I am missing this one. Could you please use your definition of the word Polished in a sentence? It is also my understanding that when you title something, you capitalize the first letter of significant words (I.E. A Boy and His Lumina)

Use some metal polish and a high speed buffer, and those things will shine even more!

If you look towards the bottom of the rim where the flash is not over exposing the camera, you can see the reflection of the floor. Maybe I'll take shot of my cell phones reflection or if the weather clears up enough so I don't need to use the flash.

look great, but don't forget polished=shiny, Polished=from Poland! :lol:

Now I am no scholar, but I am missing this one. Could you please use your definition of the word Polished in a sentence? It is also my understanding that when you title something, you capitalize the first letter of significant words (I.E. A Boy and His Lumina)

I also agree, but that is a tough one! :lol: Sentence for a crooked fence, "Many that fence looks Polished!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh... didn't notice that the first time around. Those look nice!!