On my way to work...

mixe olds

On my way to work today driving my 2000 Impala, the guy in front of me stopped quickly for a person making a left hand turn on a two lane road. I stopped just in time, but the person behind me couldn’t and plowed in the back of my car. I was pushed into the Dodge truck in front of me. The air bags didn’t deploy I think for the fact that his bumper was taller than mine. The back end of his truck went thru the grill and into the hood. The car behind me had little damage to his vehicle (S10) but there was a fourth person that went under his car. It was a Toyota Corolla with a women inside it, she was taken to the hospital with minor injuries to her head. I call the insurance co., they said that the 4th and 3rd vehicle in the accident is probably going to have to pay for the damages to my impala. Looking at my car now I think the insurance co. will probably total the car. Tell me what you think. Anyway this was my Tuesday Morning.

That crease in the rear quarter panel is what might total it, everything else looks relativily easy to repair as long as nothing under the hood is majorily messed up.

Umm, considering its a 2000 is what might total it out.

I don't know the mileage but the car is probably worth 7-10k? And there is easily 3500 worth of work there.

I hate unibodies for this reason.

yeah a 2000 with over 100k and quarter panel damage... well quarter panel damage will total most cars out rather fast, that is expensive to fix.

looks to be pretty nice. def would be worth 1200 IMO even if it needed quite a bit of work. a step back in time from your 00 impala, but a nice car to have for sure.

yeah no doubt i figured they would total it, especially with quarter panel damage. that sucks balls getting 6 grand from it though, good luck, damn go for the cutlass because that is a steal :mrgreen: