caliper paint

mediabandit

ok guys, i am getting new rims for the Z and i want to paint the calipers red to match the car. what is the best kind/make of paint to get to paint them with? i need something that will last until the winter when i tear her apart and do the brake upgrade.thanks

I've used high temp engine paint and high temp clear with great success. No fading, didn't wear off.

Obviously, preperation is key. You will need to completely degrease your calipers. Brake cleen and a wire brush will do the trick.

I used regular automotive paint with Dupli-color high heat clear. Its been working awesome so far!

Really you dont need high heat paint if you use a high heat clear. Cause the heat will no affect the paint it will affect the clear. so just use whatever paint you want, but make sure you use a high heat clear!

ok i went and got the paint, i bought high heat primer, '91 torch red touch up paint (spray bomb) and i bought some high heat clear, so i should be good now, i started cleaning up the calipers already and only have a little more to do before i prime and paint them, i will post some pics later on once i have a chance to get it all done. thanks for the info guys.