Wheel locked up

jmoore4294

So I hopped in my CS today to take it for a drive, and it has been sitting outside for about a week or so. Anyway, I unset the parking brake, put it in drive, and all the wheels turned except for the driver's side rear. I managed to get it free turning again by simply rocking the car back and forth(drive, reverse, drive, reverse.....I looked like an idiot in my driveway doing that) Anyway, I figure maybe the slides on the caliper had rusted or just locked up since it sat, but I was wondering what might have caused this? Thanks.

Anyway, I figure maybe the slides on the caliper had rusted or just locked up since it sat, but I was wondering what might have caused this? Thanks.

You seem to have answered your own question. Very common problem on this shitty rear brake design.

on a 95? It is probably NOT a bad slid, but a jambed piston. replace that caliper, installing a good used one would be acceptable.

I had that happen on my 95 when the ground was covered with ice. very very wierd. try driving a mile on 3 wheels! (j/k maybe 50 yards) then there was a pop and all I could hear was grinding. I fixed it a couple days later and discovered that the pop was the pad material shearing!!! it sheared off the backing and was being ground like gravel between the brake pad backing and the rotor. the rotor was fubared!!!

Do yourself a favor and put out the extra bux for a set of new calipers. If you get one out of the junkyard, it's just a matter of time before that one goes out. Those rear calipers are junk, it's the design.

Do yourself a favor and put out the extra bux for a set of new calipers. If you get one out of the junkyard, it's just a matter of time before that one goes out. Those rear calipers are junk, it's the design.

:mrgreen: OK then, OFF TO ADVANCE!! :gears: