94 cutty audio **STEVE** ##SLICK##

J

I wanted to know if it is at all possible to move the DIS and hud controls to the radio position and the radio down to the dis/hud controls spot? I know it all can be done, i guess my only question is about the HUD cable, if it were a wire it'd be done by now, but the cable scares me (as in room to move it) It looks like the spots are the same size, i ask cuz it is a far reach to get to the radio (THANKS gm engineers) and the dis and hud controls only get messed with once in a while.

Oh and where does the factory antenna connect? I know into the back of the radio, but my male connection is broken now, so where can i get a new co-ax and crimp it in? I don't think you can splice coaxial cable can you? Thanks in advance

i might be wrong, but i think the stereo opening is slightly smaller than the dis/hud control spot. what I plan on doing is leaviing my factory hud/dis and having a dvd HU (sans screen) in the factory hu spot, but putting a single din screen where the ashtray/cig lighter go. I used that spare one i got at the JY when we went, and I have it trimmed, but i dont have sandpaper (or a screen) to finish it up yet, but for me that seems to be the best way to do it

THe radio can be made ot fit in your cubby, where the HD and DIC are located.. I had thought of moving my radio down there, however, I am feeling like modifying the ashtray location, so it is more at hand's level when I rest it on the shifter.. Still don't know what I want in the radio opening though..

right, steve. I also had the idea of putting a dvd hu/screen in that location if i get an all inclusive unit, but then I wouldnt have anything to put in the stock hu location :lol: I mostly like the idea of having a seperate HU and screen is so that if I don't have video playing, I can leave the screen closed, as opposed to most screen HU's i've seen you have very limited control, as well as not looking as good with the screen closed

There is an antenna junction in the dash. I believe it is on the passenger side. Trace it back, you'll find it.

Yeah, thats what I told him at the passenger side kick panel.

Matt, you should go for a DIN2 in dash unit if you go all inclusive.. Since you need to mod the sport pod as it is, and since flip up screens lok like total shit no matter WHAT you put them in, it may be a better option.. Then you can do what I am thinking of doing and throw for toreass style cupholders in the radio opening.. :lol: :lol:

and do what, move the dis and hud to the HU spot? :thinking: Double din down there wouldnt be bad but two things concern me

a) too expensive

B) too low, reason for the ashtray area is because the Hud/dis area is too low for a screen (for what I want)

I agree that the flip outs are ugly, however, the reason for putting it in that spot and having a seperate dvd HU is so that I can have a hinged door that closes and hides it, so anyone looking at it closed would just think its an ash tray. And I've already hacked up the sport pod a bit, I removed the ash tray and cig lighter, so mounting is the only issue, which wont be too hard. for around 3-400 i can get a JVC dvd HU and a screen, as opposed to almost any double din (that i've looked at at least) are around 500 or more, for not great ones. basically, if/when I do this, my budget is probably 3-400. I actually have a friend that has just an lcd screen, not a flip out, just like a 6" visor monitor, that i might just make a little assembly for and use that, saving probably 100$

I'd put the controls to the stock HU spot, but that's just me.. I might also flatten the area and add a DIC there, so it looks like an extension of my cluster, but I haven't decided yet.. Maybe an iPod dock..