12's in a vert

95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

can I fit 4 12's in a vert cutty. Ive seen a guy on here that has 3 in his red vert firing up? I'm wondering how does that sound? I've had 2 audiobahn 12's firing up and it sounded like shit on a stick then i turned them firing into the car and it sounded like ass, u could hear all the distortion with the paper cone and all. so eventually i put them back to normal. back to my question of four 12's in a vert; has any1 done it b4 or am i on my own?

There is no way I could do something like that for me (I have two little girls now), but I have put 2 10" in a Pontiac Fiero before, so you could probably do just about anything in that. :lol:

I dont really know how much room there is in the trunk of those cars. But I would recomend going with two Good 12's. Audiobahns arent well known for their quality to begin with.

I have a single 12, and that's all I really need. Two would be nice, but its not really necessary, IMO, unless you're doing competitions or something. I find I need more mid and high than bass with the top down :lol:

I have a single 12, and that's all I really need. Two would be nice, but its not really necessary, IMO, unless you're doing competitions or something. I find I need more mid and high than bass with the top down :lol:

yeah im in a car club that does competitions and stuff. i need more bass with my top down cuz its like the top blocks off the trunk when its down. i thought about fiberglass, would make since since im glassin the interior. whats the width between the trunk hinges in the vert cutty's? i think its around like 42" or so but im not too sure (would measure it myself but my cutty isnt with me right now)

well theres a 3 12" box that will go perfect. the dementions are 40x14x14 but i got 4 subs so im gonna have 1 extra unless i figure out a way to get all 4 in there

I bet I could fit 4 pretty easily.

Take out the rear seat and go from there.

thought about that.... still thinkin bout it. i really cant use my back set anyways. Im 6'2" so the driver seat is all the way back all the time. and i got my blazer if i need to haul around people. Maybe a project for this winter

i think im gonna stick wwith the 2 12 setup because of the air space factor. 4 12's wouldnt be able to breath right in such a small space. i gotta keep my back seat for the over night bags on the summer time road trips

2 12 inch w-7s is about the same as 4 regulsr 12s.

or get you a nice boston spg555, and you probably be fine with that. no hacking out the back seat needed.

Jackhammer, more like Jokehammer. What a pile of shit.

The MTX RFL's are great either.

In fact, I don't even recommend MTX.

Check out DD Audio, Treo Engineering, or RE Audio instead.

There are FAR better subs than MTX. Id suggest looking into RE audio. Next time I need subs, thats what Im going with.

I've been eyeballing the SX lineup myself to be truthful. Even though I just got done with a trade for my W6, I still might pick up some RE SX's later this summer.

Or maybe something from DD. If I can afford it!!

There are FAR better subs than MTX. Id suggest looking into RE audio. Next time I need subs, thats what Im going with.

I've been eyeballing the SX lineup myself to be truthful. Even though I just got done with a trade for my W6, I still might pick up some RE SX's later this summer.

Or maybe something from DD. If I can afford it!!

yeah thats my problem is the price of things! Id get killed if I spent anymore money on my car this yr! :lol: Not to mention I refuse to get new subs until somethin happens to these. But that line up does look very nice.