Yay Or Nay!?...help me decide!

terryk2003

What should I do!?  

1. 1. What should I do!?

• Keep the Black Headlights
    • Get rid of the black headlights and get clear corners
    • Stock Headlights PWN!...Put em back in!

soo, i got a set of black headlights from a guy on clubgp...now that i got them, i realize they don't fit very great...BUT, they look kinda cool (just installed them, so i dunno what the light output will be @ night...)...soo, i'm not sure if i wanna keep them, or get some clear corners for the stock headlights and call it a day...soo...here are some pics...let me know what you think!...thanks! :mrgreen:

BlackHeadlights008.jpg

BlackHeadlights007.jpg

BlackHeadlights006.jpg

BlackHeadlights005.jpg

BlackHeadlights004.jpg

BlackHeadlights003.jpg

BlackHeadlights002.jpg

BlackHeadlights001.jpg

They don't fit that well, but look great.. (If I get my Bonneville GXP, I intend to do that to the headlights)

How comfortable are you adding a light layer or two of niteshades?

depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. I really like them and say keep them, but if the slight fitment issue really bugs you, then maybe not. I think they arent that bad to justify leaving the stockers on, but that's just me

I think they look alright. GM's aren't exactly world renowned for their fit and finish anyway, so at least the expectations are low on that front!

Those fit for ass!

I'd just paint my stockers.

x2!!

Also, if you get a set of clears from eBay...be prepared to either put a bead of silicon around the lens or bake 'em and re-do them yourself. I just threw a bead around without baking 'em, and after nearly a year they still look pretty good.

But, IMO...those lights look like ass and the fit SUCKS.

well, FWIW: the light output isnt that bad...not as bad i expected anywayz...the really messed up thing though, is that when i turn the highbeams on, the lights aim down instead of up!...WTF!?!?!? :willynilly:...i'm not sure if the bulb is in there the wrong way, or if these lights are just that reatarded...if i can't figure that out, i'm deffinatly ditching these things...

ohh, and i wasnt really asking as far as quality was concerned, but i was asking if you guys think the black headlight/sidemarker looks decent, or if it would look better with a clear sidemarker & headlight...

I don't think the GP's pull off that blacked out headlight/corner thing too well. The Regals do it good, but it makes the GP's look broke. Like they were in a wreck and they didn't fix the lights right.

Yeah I was thinking that to when I saw the picture of the stock on the left and black on the right. Honestly I don't like the black headlights on your car for some reason. I think it has something to do with the color of your car but I like the stockers better.

well...it rained today...and one of them fogged up...SOOO...i'm totally putting the stockers back in and selling these!!...i'm not dealing with resealing these...:lol: