Convertible Quarter Mile Times

RocketMan83

Has anyone ever ran their convertible at the track? I searched and couldn't find any numbers on them. I would take mine to the track to find out, but mine won't be on the road for a little while yet.

Kyle

I might this summer at some point if I feel like making a fool of myself (which is quite likely :lol:)

of course I'd put my stockers back on the front and probably take the sub out of the trunk

Not to sound like a party pooper here. Does it really matter? I hope you didn't get these to race them. :lol:

um, ok? what's wrong with wanting to know how fast our cars are? :thinking:

Well, nothing I guess. I just got this because it looks good. Not because it might go fast. I would guess that if you hit these things up to a high enough speed, the top would have some issues.

not if it's down :biggrin:

I don't expect my car to ever be "fast", but I'd like to get it to be able to burn some rice when I see it. I'm sure with a turbo on a 3.4 you could probably get this thing into the 13s or 14s

Well, nothing I guess. I just got this because it looks good. Not because it might go fast. I would guess that if you hit these things up to a high enough speed, the top would have some issues.

lol.

Matt - i'd love to see some good times put down by yours!

There's a Cutty 'Vert that lives relatively close to me that i went and checked out recently...it's pretty damn quick, especially compared to my '96 LQ1. It'd probably whip the shit out of me! Definitely burns up the rice

I'd like to go this summer, but if I do then the stockers are going on the front, maybe all 4, and no stereo in the trunk, so it'll be slightly different on the street, but probably not too incredibly much

hell yea. Well the guy's vert i saw recently, we're gonna see what's up with his tranny, maybe do some other freshening up to it, then hopefully get at least one good run to the track THIS summer ( i hope he reads this message too :wink: :mrgreen: :high5:)

OH! that reminds me, i want to change my trans filter first, too. I bounced off the limiter between 1 and 2 a few times the other night when screwing around