GARRR: Noise/vibration coming from??? Guess that bolt too!

john99gtp

Long story short, walked out one morning to my car knocking, like it was last may @ idd. Thinking great, somehow I blew another engine. I got to work and it stopped.....cool

Now, its getting even worse. Its more of a vibration and a knock now.

Well, I jacked the car up the other night and inspected the flexplate, but i could not find anything wrong with it. For the hell of it, I fired it up, and listened. I could not hear it at first, but then it started. I tried to pinpoint where it was coming from, and when i heard it, it sounded like it was coming from the oil pan at first. I put my ear up to it, nothing. I then noticed it was coming from the left side, so i moved my head towards that direction, and the second my ear cleared the oil pan, it was coming in loud as day.....looks like it is the flexplate. Once the engine found its groove and settled down, it disappeared again, so its almost like something might be a little loose and it does it when its vibrating or something.

Apr03_0001.jpg

Vids are here, they are ****ty cell phone, and need quicktime to play, but you should be able to hear it fine. I like 4 because you can hear what happens when I let off the throttle.

http://www.jbarbieri.net/engine/

That bolt was found on top of the tranny underneath the crossover.

Its not an upper mount bolt or x-over......

(I hacked this post, original thread here: http://massclubgp.com/viewtopic.php?p=48640#48640)

Any ideas?