do not buy an anftermarket carpet. 56k warning

ismellrealbad

My carpet is not that bad, but when my car is all put together im trying to do everything nice at one time. I got my all my brake shit, stereo shit, gaskets that should be replaced while theres room, etc. the interior is completely out. so why not throw in a nice new carpet? I looked all around trying to find the best i could and what i got was something that looked like it was made in trenton. im promptly returning it and taking my carpet to the self serve wash and pressure washing it. heres some pics - its garbage. anyone else try to get new carpet and find something decent?

Footpad looks like something from 1960

2003776585582535916_rs.jpg

Permanent creases probably from bad packing. itll never line up right and always look shitty

2003790206040388913_rs.jpg

Paper thin material, no backing. You can put ur bare foot thru it

2003703326205769769_rs.jpg

i dont think any jy carpet would be better than mine. see my problem is my old carpet isnt really that bad (a couple beer stains :lol:)...but i am, im fucken anal. i just want new shit. i guess i dont learn dont fix whats not broken!!!

Your supposed to take a heat gun or blow dryer to it to get all the wrinkles out and loosen it up a bit. It'll help. Plus, with it being heated up, it will stretch.

Your supposed to take a heat gun or blow dryer to it to get all the wrinkles out and loosen it up a bit. It'll help. Plus, with it being heated up, it will stretch.

uggh, too much. between cutting and all that. if i knew that was gunna be standard procedure before i baught it i wouldnt have

what company did you get it from, i know that makes a large difference.

when i installed carpet in a corvette a while back it was about the worst job ever, everything was a PITA to get to line up remotely right

what company did you get it from, i know that makes a large difference.

when i installed carpet in a corvette a while back it was about the worst job ever, everything was a PITA to get to line up remotely right

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=8066410599&rd=1,1

i dunno feedback and description seemed promising

my friend bought a carpet like that, it "settled in" in about 3 months.

yeah, fuck that :thumbsdown:

I put new carpet in my cutlass and it looks awesome. I went with a very light gray to almost silver to go with my paint and it make a hude difference in my interior. The only problems with mine is where I cut it a little too short in 1 area, but as far as the carpet goes, it kicks total ass! I am at work right now but I could post a few pics when I get home if ya wanna see. Ken has also seen my carpet and may be able to comment on it. I forget where I got mine but it would be in my ebay folder. It was only like $140 or something and they had over 60 colors to choose from. I am plannin on ordering for my project blazer and for Heather's 95 cutlass as it goes back together.

see ya,

Sean

I put new carpet in my cutlass and it looks awesome. I went with a very light gray to almost silver to go with my paint and it make a hude difference in my interior. The only problems with mine is where I cut it a little too short in 1 area, but as far as the carpet goes, it kicks total ass! I am at work right now but I could post a few pics when I get home if ya wanna see. Ken has also seen my carpet and may be able to comment on it. I forget where I got mine but it would be in my ebay folder. It was only like $140 or something and they had over 60 colors to choose from. I am plannin on ordering for my project blazer and for Heather's 95 cutlass as it goes back together.

see ya,

Sean

my bad! I didn't notice the carpet! but I hope to see it soon.

hey shawn, did you toss the old rug?