How much for a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo?

Harleyman

:?:

I am in the market for a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo. The one I am looking at has 88,000 miles. What is a fair price for the car???? I've checked NADA, Kelley, and other sites, but the prices vary and I don't think they take into account the collectability of the car. The car I am looking at is in excellent condition and has been babied by the owner. It is red. HELP!!!

Well...if it's in perfect condition....anywhere from 2.5k to 4k.....depending on how PERFECT it is. These cars do have a few things that go bad on them no matter how much you baby them. :roll:

Thanks all. I'll let you know if I become a new owner. I have to sell a Honda Accord first.

I am also thinking of autocrossing this car. It seems a perfect fit for a short-track. Have any of you raced the turbo Grand Prix? Off the street I mean. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX for sale for $17,200 OBO. It has just 18,000 miles. It is four-door, silver, and loaded. Comes with almost-new set of four studded snow tires.

heh heh nice. Too bad no one on this board will go for it ;) Ive always been an accord fan. I have an 86 accord myself and its still runnin strong. Accords are HIGLY durable. good luck with your sale.

We got our '90 for $1500 on ebay. It has 113,000 miles on it (I think it had like 105 on it when we got it), and it has the normal cracked crossover, plus it has a boost problem, which I think is because of the cracked crossover. Other than that the car is basically perfect. Everything works. The car had a bad oil leak when we got it that cost $100 to fix. We also bought a new DIC for it ($50) because the one that was in it had a cracked screen but still worked. The interior is in great shape, and it runs very good. The wheels look like new, and it had good tires on it. It was and is completely stock, no spoiler or anything, and the car has NO rust anywhere, our 2000 SSEi has 10X the rust this car has (I am fairly sure it was stored winters) and the paint is in good shape, except the loovers on the hood are faded and chalky, we are getting the paint matched and we are going to take them off and paint them at a cost of ~$20, plus we paid $17.04 for a boost controller, because we thought that may be the boost problem it was having. So, altogether the car cost us $1687.04 including the DIC, Paint, Boost Controller, and Oil Leak, and all it needs is a crossover (I think), and it could use a lower motor mount because it is worn. (We have been quoted $120 for the part & Install) But altogether after the car is made PERFECT we would have AT MOST $2500 in it if the crossover doesn't fix the boost problem, but we got a really good deal, because the guy that had the car didn't know they were rare and just drove it for 6 years, and bluebook on a '90 GP with 105,000 is $1700, which was what he wanted for it on ebay, so we just emailed him offering 1500 and he accepted. So if you look around for a good deal for a while you could get a decent deal on one. When we got ours we didn't even know they were rare. It was another 2 months before we figured out they were rare, we just got pretty lucky.

It's hard to get a blue book value on these rare cars from NADA etc.If you check autosite.com they will give you a more realistic value. I think they recignize the 90 tgp but I'm not sure about the 89.

The prices I found for the 90 was $4,150-5,775

A lower mi car was listed for $6,050-$7,675

I can do you a good deal on a very low mile red 89 !!!!

Hope this helps!!!!

The guy didn't know that a Turbo Grand Prix was rare and just thought they all were. So he just did a regular blue book on the car and came up with $1700, that is what I was saying, I think you may have mis-understood me. What do you want for your '89??? Pics???

dbtk2

Yea, you did get a great deal on your tgp.

If you fire me an e-mail at mts4757@bellatlantic.net I'll send you pics of the car. It's a very low mile car thats in very good shape.

I'm not sure how to put the pics on the wide-body site so this will work.

As far as price. I'll be lower than the $ 6 - 7.5k that the autosite says it is worth but how much lower I'm not sure yet, this car is in great shape and only has 40k mi on it.

talk to ya

mts