Okay guys, I need your help again (Model writeups)

digitaloutsider

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digitaloutsider

• IRONDOG442

• Euro

• pwmin

April 29, 2004 to be exact, thanks and updated, all of that stuff was from my memory as stated before, it was one of those months tht started with the letter A

fuckin newbs... :cry: that's it!!! im gonna pay John Wallace a couple hundred dollars to remove that posting and ban that newb for life !!! LOL :lol:

His license plate is blacked out so none of you will ever know he even existed!!!

$10 says he googled all of the facts in my article and found that one discrepency just to come out of no where and pwn the resident Olds guru...

im gonna pay John Wallace a couple hundred dollars to remove that posting and ban that newb for life !!!

I'll do it if you buy a Honda.

You didnt say I had to drive it :) I got a special sledge hammer for it, down with the newb... LOL... Just kidding Olds88Cutlass

We arent assuming you know nothing about Olds its a w-body forum inside joke thing... We think we are all smart and funny but it only applies to some of us like me, Chris Davidson, and John Wallace... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Need to add on this one.....

1998 Daytona 500 Pace Car

The Limited Edition model (1500 produced serialized) of the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Daytona 500 Pace Car features some unique enhancements, including: Gulf Blue paint, unique torque star 16" aluminum wheels and the 40th annual Daytona 500 cloisonne door emblems and exterior decals. Some where equipped with Factory power glass sunroofs

Note, Ram Air hood only came with the GTX package, it was not standard on the 1998 Pace Car Edition.

2000 Daytona 500 Pace Car

The Limited Edition model (2000 produced) of the 2000 Grand Prix Daytona 500 Pace Car features :

Exterior:

- Galaxy silver metallic exterior paint.

- Unique 3-spoke high polish wheels.

- Unique Daytona 500 edition wheel center caps.

- Unique Daytona 500 edition rear spoiler.

- Unique dual round stainless steel exhaust tips.

- Unique Daytona 500 edition hood heat extractors.

- Unique NASCAR style roof fences.

- Unique Daytona 500 edition exterior side decals.

- Unique "Daytona 500" edition exterior rear decal.

- Power glass moonroof.

Interior:

- Unique Daytona 500 edition two tone front seats.

- Unique Daytona 500 edition two-tone instrument panel and console trim.

- Unique console decal - 1 of 2000.

- BOSE 8-speaker premium sound system.

Note: The actual 2000 Pace cars at Daytona did not have the power glass sunroof or the Bose radio.

01 daytonas?

There weren't any '01 Daytonas...... However, there was the '01-'03 Special Editions which looked alot like the '00 Dayrtonas, save for slightly different 2-tone interiors and badging. I also heard that the '03 Special Edition did not always come with the hood heat extractors.... Would someone with an '03 Special Ed. please chime in?....

• 5 months later...
01 daytonas?

There weren't any '01 Daytonas...... However, there was the '01-'03 Special Editions which looked alot like the '00 Dayrtonas, save for slightly different 2-tone interiors and badging. I also heard that the '03 Special Edition did not always come with the hood heat extractors.... Would someone with an '03 Special Ed. please chime in?....

technically, the 01 was called "special edition", the 02 "anniversary edition", and the 03 "limited edition". i dont recall ever seeing a limited edition that looked at all like the 01 or 02 (i.e. heat extractors, chrome multi-spokes, special spoiler).

the LE's didn't come with ground effects. Just the regular GT/P cladding. It's just the lower front and rear valences were all body color. They got the SE/40th wheels, special blue foglamps(which are expensive as fawk!), white faced gauges, floormats, leather/cloth interior, special badging, special spoiler, SE/40th exhaust tips, I think that's it...

the LE's didn't come with ground effects. Just the regular GT/P cladding. It's just the lower front and rear valences were all body color. They got the SE/40th wheels, special blue foglamps(which are expensive as fawk!), white faced gauges, floormats, leather/cloth interior, special badging, special spoiler, SE/40th exhaust tips, I think that's it...

hmm, the one i saw had polished torque stars. maybe some of the stuff (fogs, gauges) were an option for a regular car?

hmm, the one i saw had polished torque stars. maybe some of the stuff (fogs, gauges) were an option for a regular car?

Yeah I forgot to mention they came with polished torque stars too. With the "Limited Edition Grand Prix" center caps that match the wheels(which I WANT!)

Yeah I forgot to mention they came with polished torque stars too. With the "Limited Edition Grand Prix" center caps that match the wheels(which I WANT!)

oh, ok. you said they got the sped/40th wheels. i forgot it did have some special blue (iirc) centercaps