P0102 car running like crap?

sl3196

Ok so the GTP is throwing the P0102 code(mass or volume air flow circuit low input) and running really bad. At idle after being warm the rpm's jump up to 1500 and down to 500 and sometimes it dies. Also while cruising it will feel like it misses sometimes. It does it more at higher speeds. Now I've cleaned the tb and all sensors on the tb. (maf,tps, etc.) I do not hear or see any vacuum leaks. Any other ideas what to check? Thanks!

Also anyone good with reading scans tell me what stuff to scan and I can post it up.

Ok just tried something. With the car idleing it was going up and down and almost stalling, unplugged the MAF and it smoothed out and sounded perfect. This mean I need a new MAF sensor or is there something else going on?

I would troubleshoot it before throwing parts at it.

What is so hard about checking for power and ground at a connector and then checking to make sure the signal line from the MAF to the PCM isn't open????

Also check your MAF screen....if there are bits of leaves on the screen (or if they are mashed and dented) that will disturb the airflow, causing it to read funny.

Well got it fixed. Really wish I could have returned the MAF sensor but they wouldn't take it back. (since I don't think that was the problem) I had to swap intakes around because my 9" k&n got ripped from the shitty wizair intake tubing. Anyways while I was there I took the pcm connectors off and sprayed em with electrical cleaner. Put everything together and it runs perfect now. I think what happened is the pcm connectors weren't on there really good or something and a bunch of dirt got in there.