Some things are just wrong

kbviper

I'd rock the shit out of it.....but the powertrain sucks....

x4.

HEY! all three of my verts have the same drivetrain.... so bite me!

when I finally kill them they'll be upgraded.

it's not to my taste, but someone will want it!

I think there was a coupe painted like that before.

I still don't care for it. I think 2-tone needs a body line, crease, or some other divider rather than just an arbitrary, "oh, I think I'll paint it down to about here".

Worst part of the car is rear wing. Ugh!

Undecided on the paint as I need close-up pics as the description says there is an orange divider between the red/black.

besides the whole deck lid being black it is bad ass, the paint is awsome. The orange stripe is visible in one of the pics (second row, first one)

The car is perfect besides the rims (ugly, although i'd still go with black rims) and the deck lid, oooohhhh and spoiler!

Orange stripe is worse than nothing at all. The only kind of divider I think is suitable for a 2-tone paint job is a physical divider. Body line, indention, crease, or entirely separate panel (i.e. cladding).

All that work and he used the wrong "S" front bumper. DUH!!

Yeah, "professionally restored", good eye on the front bumper - I had missed that, I wonder why it was replaced - certainly not for looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

I can't view this from my work computer but by the previous posts I am ssuming it is my friend's car. Is it viper red and black two tone with black 20's with a polished lip? if it is cool and if not feel free to tell me I have the wrong car. It is for sale by a guy who owns a custom body shop in Mansfield OH. In fact, as soon as the salt leaves the roads here we are gonna take pics of mine and his car together and I am gonna post em on here.

I was around when this car was being redone and I gotta say that it is done right. Not to say it is perfect as there is no such thing as a completely perfect paint job, but the car is clean as hell.

He bought it off a guy and it needed panted and some interior stuff. He basically fixed and replaced anything that was wrong with it.

He only got it because he got a fair deal on it and he really liked my cutlass and wanted to paint one. The guy restores hod rods and stuff for a living and does awesome work. In fact, he is probably my choice when my blazer is ready for paint.

I will tell ya that whoever ends up with it will get a real head turner. I would rock the shit out of it. I can't wait to cruise next to him. I know that big wheels and custom paint aren't everyone's style but if it is your style, this is a good solid car and probably worth close to what he is askin.

i didn't post this to get into anything with anybody, just givin my input as I know this car really well.

see ya,

Sean

p.s. the front bumper was on the car when he got it. He was gonna replace it but it was in good shape so he left it on. He is not a w body guy so he just assumed they must have come without foglights as an option or something.

you have the right car Sean.

I hadn't noticed that it had a wrong bumper, but it it sill passable. It is not my favorite colors, I think Sean's car coloring is better. the thing that irks me is the spoiler doesn't look right on a cutlass at all. otherwise, I wish the rims were... maybe chrome or gun metal gray with a polished lip and not black.

He said he got the spoiler off another Cutlass. I dunno what year or model or what, but I think that the spoiler takes away from the car. He likes it and it is his car so I didn't razz him too much on it. Not something I would put on my car personally but it is obvious that my tastes may differ from the next guys.

-Sean

I guess that I started this and I didn't mean to slam someone's car - I guess every car has an owner, the color scheme, spoiler, etc was not something that I would do.

The other side is that a lot of "customized" cars can look a lot better, or worse, in person than they do in pictures.

If whomever buys it, likes it, rock on.