Emergency Brake Cable Question

LuminaPower92

OMG OMG oil pump drive seal- VERY common. If you have an oil leak on the backside of your engine that "looks" like an oil pan leak, it isn't: it is the oil pump drive seal.

the 3.4 lim is easy, 3.1 is kinda a pain but i know all about the oil pump drive seal, however i wouldnt classify a w is that bad of a car considering some others out there with much harder crap to work on.

definately alternators one these, lim. and oil pump drive seal. also common for bad rod knock, Not mine but several people i know. If its a 2 door the outside door handles, If its a 4 door the outside door handles lol. It mostly has to do with the plastic clips that they use inside the doors for the 4 door and it is usually just an adjustment on the 2 doors. Gas tank seam rots and unable to fill the tank past half. im sure there is more but otherwise they are tanks when it comes to accidents. Oh did i mention the ice buildup between the doors and the fenders causing a nice crinkled fender :mad:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

definately alternators one these, lim. and oil pump drive seal.

I can do the alternator in 1 hour.

I can do the intake gaskets in 1 hour.

The oil pump drive seal can be permafixed with the intakes off, jb weld, and a day to let it dry.

The oil pump drive seal can be permafixed with the intakes off, jb weld, and a day to let it dry.

WHY???!!! A NEW, REDESIGNED seal can be had at the GM dealer for $1. Do yourself a favor and go buy a new seal from GM. :rolleyes:

WHY???!!! A NEW, REDESIGNED seal can be had at the GM dealer for $1. Do yourself a favor and go buy a new seal from GM. :rolleyes:

Because to the the o ring properly, you gotta pull the rear head.

Not sure what engine you're talking about, but on teh 3.1's I've done, all u have to do is remove the TB and a couple minor things to do it- takes an hour TOPS

Not sure what engine you're talking about, but on teh 3.1's I've done, all u have to do is remove the TB and a couple minor things to do it- takes an hour TOPS

AFAIK, the 3.4 DOHC requires the rear head to be removed.

The 3.1 is a piece of cake......as long as the drive isn't all varnished up and stuck.

Exactly. We were talking about what the owner of this thread has- a 3.4.

And before that we were talking about emergency brake cables. Isn't it funny how stuff gets sidetracked?

The 3.1 is a piece of cake......as long as the drive isn't all varnished up and stuck.

There is plenty of clearence to slip the O-ring over. It will seal between the lip of the drive shaft and the engine block. The O-ring is rubber and can be stretched

And before that we were talking about emergency brake cables. Isn't it funny how stuff gets sidetracked?

right there i was kidding. :lol2: