Emergency Brake Cable Question

LuminaPower92

Whassup Peeps!

I was trying to find this answer on a search, but couldn't. I got a 92 Chevy Lumina with a sagging emergency brake cable. The e-brake works, but seeing it sagging low is hard on ones eyes. Is there an adjustment I can do to keep it up close to the undercarriage.

Thanks

X 2 on the maui blue is it just me or is this the rarest of color these cars were built in.

I just bought one but i dont see to many.

pitures of mine will be up when weather breaks and i get her cleaned up its been setting for a while

:burnout:

X 2 on the maui blue is it just me or is this the rarest of color these cars were built in.

Im thinking so, ive never seen one in person. that or silver. and ive only seen like 1 black one.

red and white seem to be the dominate colors. mine was white.

Im thinking so, ive never seen one in person. that or silver. and ive only seen like 1 black one.

Really? There are a TON of silver ones running around by me. :confused:

Your e-brake works and it's sagging like that? There's a threaded adjustment right in front of the rear wheel that takes up any slack. My '89 vintage rear brakes work perfectly, adjusters, slides, e-brakes, you name it. There's also a metal guide about right below the drivers seat that the cable is supposed to sit on top of, yours might be underneath it. That would help for sagging as well.

Your e-brake works and it's sagging like that? There's a threaded adjustment right in front of the rear wheel that takes up any slack. My '89 vintage rear brakes work perfectly, adjusters, slides, e-brakes, you name it. There's also a metal guide about right below the drivers seat that the cable is supposed to sit on top of, yours might be underneath it. That would help for sagging as well.

Yup, he said it!

Thats funny i see black 1s all the time see silver to

My parking brake hangs. I'm not sure if it works and I'm not going to try. I've heard stories it could be seized up. And if I apply the parking brake, it might not release. Off hand, does the 94+ have a parking brake release knob? Or is it a pump to release the parking brake?

Thanks, The other two Luminas I have, have that problem, but my Z doesnt yet. HOPEFULLY IT WONT

heh, that should be the least of your worries..

Why what other worries should I have with My W's?