convertible drain cleaning

peeeot

Directly below the rear sail windows, there is a thin, flexible black plastic piece that follows the contour of the rear wheel well and presumably has some kind of a drain in the bottom. It catches any rainwater that dribbles in from the rear edge of the sail windows. It's hard to get to and pretty deep--I couldn't reach the bottom with my arms stuck down in it. But I could reach deep enough to tell there was debris in there.

Anyone ever successfully clean these drains out?

? i guess i dont know what youre saying, i usually go back there with a rag and some cleaner and wipe it all down. the drain goes into the trunk and out the wheel well. i could pull mine out of the wheel well, so if it ever got plugged, i just blew through it to clear it, and then put it back in the hole in the wheel well

edit: i think i see what youre saying now. on the sides, not the back, correct? kinda behind the speakers back there? if so, I would think the easist way would be to take the side panels off. I found a drivers license from some lady in mine, and a pacifier, and other things of interest :lol:

the best way to take out that plastic is though the 1/4 panel vent in the door jam. Its a tight fit but the part will come out and go back You will need new two tape to restick it when you are done.

Psych0matt, you got it right on the edit.

about the door jamb vent: I would never have guessed that. It seemed like the top's hydraulic cylinders and maybe some other things were in the way of moving it towards the front of the car.

Do you think a long (floor) extension on a vacuum cleaner could reach down there if the top were lowered partway?

If it has to come out to be cleaned, and it's taped in with doublesided tape, couldn't it just be pulled upward and out?

Also, where does it drain to?

I just don't like the idea of water storing up in some secret hole and starting rust problems.