How would these wheels look?

eclipse5302

I just picked up a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE910s, 245/50-R16. These are kinda big for my standard STE Turbo rims, 6.5 inches wide. I was thinking of getting a set of rims from a TGP (crosslace, 8- inches wide) and painting them maroon in the center. Anybody think that would look good/bad?

Jason

Jason -

Been there - done that 8) . Does not look right. The best solution I found (close to factory) was a set of 5-spoke (white) rims off of an 94 GTP. The TGP rims didnt look good to me - on maroon it might look better. Just put new Kellys on mine - still had the origonal Goodyears :(

As always - "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Thomas

Just got back from Iraq, Have a set of 3, 5 spoke polished in my garage, will put on in a month or so...need to spend some quality family time.

Was getting the white ones when a totaled 94 GTP came in the J/Y with the polished ones....$25.00 pr rim

Twalt13

Guest TurboSedan

are you putting those on the CS or the TSTE? i LOVE the 16x8 GTP crosslace wheels on my car - they put the wheels completely even with the body of the car and don't stick out one bit. IMO it gave it an 'i'm on steroids' look :) that 25mm offset probably helps handling too. i'm going to get some 225/55's soon (someday). the pic in my sig has 60-series tires. i'm afraid if i go to a 245/50 tire it will stick out too much. and my car is lowered so it would probably rub too. oh well. later

joshua

The wheels are going on my TSTE. I used to own a set that were on my Cutlass, and they looked pretty cool. I think the 5 star wheels would look good, but they are only 6.5 inches wide (I think). I'd be where I'm at now.

I found some pics I took of the first TSTE I ever saw. It had the crosslace wheels on it. It did look pretty mean.

I think I'll give the crosslace wheels a try...it won't cost me anything. It sure is nice having connections at the yard and tire place... :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Jason