1991 CSS 3.1 CPS R&R = 30 minute job.

MadPSI

Just thought I'd post to say thanks to this forum which turned my potentially shitty day into a good one.

Got into the car today and it wouldn't start. It just kept turning over...

Threw on a FP tester and found that pressure was fine. Tested spark and there wasn't any at all...

Came here, searched, narrowed it down to ICM or CPS. Called AutoZone and they had the CPS for $20 and the ICM for $100, so I decided to try the cheaper option first, figuring it would need changed sooner or later. My car has 120k on the clock.

Got home, undid the dog bones, pulled the motor forward, felt around where you guys said it was and found the 8mm bolt. Removed it easily with a 1/4" ratchet and long socket (there's a ton of room back there). Popped off the electrical clip and carefully jiggled the sensor until it started spinning, then spun, and spun, and pulled, and spun, and jiggled some more, and pulled, and spun, etc. etc.. About 5 minutes of this and the bastard popped right out in one piece. Oiled the O-ring on the new one and eased it into the block. Put the bolt back in, plugged the clip in, put the dog bones back, and she fired right up! Never has anything gone that damn smoothly.

All the work was done without disconnecting or removing anything but the sensor and dog bones. I didn't actually see the sensor at all while I was doing this. If it wasn't for the the forum the car would still be on jackstands and I'd be scratching my head...

Not to mention that last week I replaced the oil pump drive O-Ring for a grand total of $2.50 from GM using only the advice from this forum. I have since regained permission to park in the garage, since the car is now leak-free.

Thanks a ton guys!