Nighthawk bulbs??

nebojsa_o

Hey guys, I've been thinking about buying new bulbs for my Cutlass lately, and I'm not sure what to get...

I've read good things and bad things about Sylvania (sp?), but mostly bad things about them burning out, and the rare few that still didn't burn out... My brother told me he heard good things about the Nighthawk bulbs... Any experience, or knowledge of any sort about them?? Nothing is wrong with my current ones, so I'm not in a hurry to pick one, but I'd like something brighter. Do the Nighthawks also have that blueish tint like some of those Silverstars? If anyone has any pictures of them compared to stock ones, or even stock vs. Sylvania, please post them, just make sure you specify which ones are in there, so I know what I'm liking or disliking. Thanks :cheers:

I have the Sylvainia (sp?) cool blues in my car... honestly I can't tell the difference between them and Q-balls silverstars... they have only been in the car for a few months, but they all still work... just don't touch the bulb glass, then they WILL blow (did it twice on my moms car :bash:)

And no, I don't see a blue tinge on the road or snow (damn snow :cussing:) although I dunno what they are like to drive into, lol

Jamie

I had SilverStars in about 3 or 4 vehicles and all others have been GREAT, In my 05 Canyon they didnt last more than 6 months each. One went and I replaced it that night with the stocker and then 3 days later the other went so F silverstarts for me now. I think they may have changed something recently.

i bought silverstars on ebay for like half the price, havent had any problems at all. I like them for the price, but i wouldnt be surprized if there were something better

For $15-$20 more a bulb, you can get some HIR1 bulbs. Much much better than the Silverstars, and they are white, not blue or yellow.

i bought silverstars on ebay for like half the price, havent had any problems at all. I like them for the price, but i wouldnt be surprized if there were something better

For $15-$20 more a bulb, you can get some HIR1 bulbs. Much much better than the Silverstars, and they are white, not blue or yellow.

I dont mind the blue, better than stock yellow. and 15$-20$ a bulb is about 30$-40$ more on lightbulbs, way more than I wish to spend :lol: my stockers were fine, these are better, I'm good :thumb:

Hmm... Damn it, I still don't know what to get. :lol: How is warranty usualy with light bulbs (never had to buy one)?? Can I exchange them for the other kind if I don't like them for some reason within a couple of days, or is that usually a no go?

Silverstars are already like $40 a bulb! I couldnt imagine paying $60/bulb

i have had zero problem with my silver star headlights... fog lights are another story i am looking now for a different brand for them.

havent heard much about nighthawks neb so i'm no help for ya

Damn, I think I'll have to be the first one to get them to answer my own question. :lol: Hmm, I'll have to see how much they are, I wasn't paying attention to the prices when I was at CT...

I use Eurodezigns bulbs. Brighter than an Silverstar I've ever seen and deffintly have a blue tint to them.

Eurodezigns are absolute trash. They're nowhere near as bright as even stock. TERRIBLE bulbs. Their "yellow" foglights blow, too.

:werd: i bought a set of them off ebay early this year... they were in my car for all of 5 minutes, one blew and they were way to blue for my liking i put my year old silverstars back in and they have been fine since