front end swap

greencutlassdrvr

ok heres what i wanted to do... i have a 1997 cutlass and i want to paint it .... im not sure on the what colors its between light silver, black with with a hurst gold stripes theme or pearl white... besides that heres waht i wanted to do i want it to be like no other (that i know of atleast) i wanna take the front end of a 2dr and put it on my 4dr... im pretty sure every thing will mount the same right? does ne body know?

ok heres what i wanted to do... i have a 1997 cutlass and i want to paint it .... im not sure on the what colors its between light silver, black with with a hurst gold stripes theme or pearl white... besides that heres waht i wanted to do i want it to be like no other (that i know of atleast) i wanna take the front end of a 2dr and put it on my 4dr... im pretty sure every thing will mount the same right? does ne body know?

mounting will be no problem, but you must swap the fenders with the bumper and everything. assuming you put it all on the only issue is whether the fenders will still line up with the doors.

The beretta front clip fenders will interclash with the corisca doors. I tried this myself, got any pics or knowledge of what was done?

psychomatt, the beretta front clip fenders will interclash with the corisca doors. I tried this myself, got any pics or knowledge of what was done?

no, because im not the one who said that :lol:

the beretta front clip fenders will interclash with the corisca doors. I tried this myself, got any pics or knowledge of what was done?

no, because im the one who said that :mrgreen:

fixed

What are you trying to say :D?

You'd have to custom fab some cladding that will match the 2 door ribs. 1st gen Bravada pieces would work good with a little tweaking. Back bumper is another story. It would be a lot of work to get it right. If you are just going to swap front ends dont bother. It'll look like crap.

well im pretty sure know in vegas has done this or tried... like i said havent seen any people work on wbodies here...plus ive seen 2 or 3 coupes at the salvage yard with almost no damage do the front end im pretty sure i could pick up the front end for less than 2 bills

Personally I think those miniquads will look awful on a 4 door.. (as if they look good on the coupes..) assuming you can pull it off.

thats wat i thiught..but it got my attention and it didnt look that bad at all

The thought has strayed into my mind several times.. In fact, after trashed myt bumper on a guard rail, I was thinking about doing the conversion.. BUt I don't have TIME to change the coupe ribbing to sedan ribbing and vice versa.. But it would be a pretty sweet conversion.. I decided that I like my front end the way it is. But in the event of a front end collision, The coupe front end will go on..

FWIW, the doors and everything will clear when you start ybriding the sedans and coupes.. CHris (White93) posted an 88-91 coupe with a 92+ sedan front clip on it (Along with custom Aurora fog lamps grafted on)..

..Good luck, and post pics if you decide to do it.. I have my procedure down to about 4 steps or so if I were to do it.. :burnout:

FWIW, the doors and everything will clear when you start ybriding the sedans and coupes.. CHris (White93) posted an 88-91 coupe with a 92+ sedan front clip on it (Along with custom Aurora fog lamps grafted on)..

now that was a sweet car. Saw it in person, didnt look bad at all.

[jack]Could you do a 2dr regal front on a 4dr regal[/jack] :wink:

And to the OP, go ahead! If you like it, have the $$ and time go for it!