Need help with rear speaker sizes!!!

jmoore4294

Alright, I need some help. I have a 95 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible, and I need to know the rear speaker sizes so I can replace them. I know the front are 5-1/4". I went to Best Buy, and they told me that the rear deck speakers were 6x9" which is BS. So any help would be appreciated.

fronts are 3.5 if i remember right, and the rears are 6.5 :thumb:

Oh, and by the way, we have no rear "deck" :lol: (anywhere I have looked has never had the convertible sizes, just the coupe, in which case the rears are 6x9)

1990-94 Front 4" - Rear 6.5"

1995 Front - 5.25" - Rear 6.5"

I think... lol

the 90-94 had only the simple 4" round in the dash

The deluxe audio system would have had tweeters mounted in a 4" plate in the dash with 4"x6" mounted in the doors, but was unavailble in verts.

the 95 had door mounted 5.25"

a deluxe sound system 95+ car would have 2x2 tweeters mounted in the door in addition. It is an option I assume was unavailible in verts.

the round rear seems smaller than a 6.5. maybe it varies? I can check next week in indy.

Would the fact that I have 2 tweeters mounted in the door have anything to do with it? I think it came with the Deluxe Audio System.

probably not, actually. can you get us some photos?

and don't forget to introduce your ride, and supply us with photos!

(hosting sites are availble, just ask!)

the round rear seems smaller than a 6.5. maybe it varies? I can check next week in indy.

That was my thought as well. I thought it was 5.25" rear for 94-95.

I think the grilles for 95 door speakers are the exact same grilles used on 94-95 rears.

That was my thought as well. I thought it was 5.25" rear for 94-95.

I think the grilles for 95 door speakers are the exact same grilles used on 94-95 rears.

Yeah, I went outside and measured the speaker grills, and they are the same size, front and back. So, I assumed that both of them might have been 5-1/4". And I will try to post some pictures up as soon as possible. Thanks.

Everyone, please remember that the speaker grilles size doesn't necessarily mean thats what size the speakers are behind them.

For example, the newer Dodge Ram 1500's in the front doors, they're grills are round, at about a 6.5" size, yet they hold 6 x 9's in the front doors. My Acura has ovalish speaker grills, yet holds 6.5's.

I hope you're right Slick or I'm fucked since I just bought those Pioneer 6.5s... :lol:

Matt! Did you car still take a set of 6.5s?

What year is your car? Lemme take a look at some of my install guides I have saved here on my computer. I'm currenty trying to find someone to host all of these PDF w-body install guides so I can make an Audio FAQ.

I bought some 6.5's from Brian P (i think), I assumed it was 6.5, but I could be wrong since I've never actually checked. I paid 13$ for them, so If anything I'll put a third pair of speakers in the Jimmy :lol:

Ok guys, I got some pictures here, finally. :biggrin:

This is my car: 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible, 3.4L V6, 136,000 mi. approximately, Leather interior and so on and so forth.

000_2009.jpg

000_2010.jpg

000_2013.jpg

jmoore4294

welcome to the site! You should go introduce yourself in the vert introduction thread!

your interior shot gives us a very good image of the 95 only rear interior panel, with the B pillar seatbelts!

Matt?

-Ken

oh look!!! it has factory tweeters!

forgot to mention that! :redface:

I wonder what they did for the rear?

the regular cars got a dual cone speaker set, with a 6x9 subwolfer with a tweeter in the center.

the tweeter was fed from the radio, and the subwolfer was fed from the factory amp.

if you should ever remove your rear speakers take good pics of them, as well as the wiring attached to them.

I'm not a big fan of the '95 interiors mainly due to the fact that there's no HUD and a severe lack of gauges. Temp, speedo, tach and fuel don't cut it for me.

They are, however, curvy which is they way I like my women and my cars...

I plan to fix my 95 soon. and then I plan to fix what you said soon too! '...Anticipation...."