95-96 Pontiac GP Winshield Vent Weatherstripping

GIANT MOTH

:arrow: On a 95-96, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX. Took off that metal cover underneath the windshield arms to fix up and ripped off the moulding - weatherstrip on the upper edge - now I can't find anywhere to get this stuff. It's a scraped up. :cry: Anyone have a clue? This is depressing. I can't keep sifting through this molding and weatherstripping crap no more.

I haven't seen an OEM replacement available for just the weatherstrip. You may be able to glue it back on, or find a similar universal replacement. I usually just hit the junkyard for items like that and take the whole panel.

No way in hell is that scrapped up shabby piece of crap going back on.

I'm talking about all around window pressure!!!!!! It's slowing me down. :razz:

I found the info sheets on here for part numbers but the body shops got what I need and the dealers can piss off.

That's what sucks about going to dealers for anything.

I'm not buying a new car.

:arrow: I love junkyards and was at one recently. I was not able to find anything decent. Not sure if it's the time of year or what but most of those cars where stripped from just about everything good. And I'm not sure about weatherstripping from used cars. It's primarily rubber and after age it's no good. You know what I mean? And I can tell mine is starting to go. It's like tires. Well no I'll shutup for now. The number one molding/weatherstrip piece I want is the piece that's on the top edge of the metal cover underneath the winshield wipers. It gets bolted down on the bottom of the winshield. I obtained the GM number but I'm willing to bet the dealer wants an arm and a leg for it. So that's my conclusion. So far I have not been able to look into the body shop / auto trim world for universal matches or whatever the hay. :willynilly:

I need new stuff for my windshield too. I was planning on getting a new windshield sometime. About 250.00 CAD to get one installed. I guess you could always goto a shop that replaces windshields and ask what they want for a part. I got my quote from Apple Auto Glass. Not sure if they are in the US. But you know what I mean...