Replacing rear speakers

Psych0matt

So, before I attempt this, I want some input. Ken, I know you know this, but i don't want to screw things up like i sometimes have the tendency to do :lol: I got some new ones for back there and sometime in the next few weeks I'd like to put them in

on the 94+ you must remove the rear seat, upper roll bar cover, and the sides of the tub for access.

on the 93- no idea. never found one with a speaker installed! probably the same.

yes the vert speakers are a PITA.

call me punk!

I put new rear speakers in my 93 and it was a piece of cake. Just pop off the grille cover and unscrew the speaker mounts and screw the new ones in, they are on top of the plastic molding, not inside of it.

I put a pair of those red Sony 'X' speakers in, don't know the exact name, but they sound good. I just need to put some door speakers in this bad boy, hopefully I can get some bass out of them. Other alternative is a subwoofer in the trunk which I am also contemplating.

I put new rear speakers in my 93 and it was a piece of cake. Just pop off the grille cover and unscrew the speaker mounts and screw the new ones in, they are on top of the plastic molding, not inside of it.

I put a pair of those red Sony 'X' speakers in, don't know the exact name, but they sound good. I just need to put some door speakers in this bad boy, hopefully I can get some bass out of them. Other alternative is a subwoofer in the trunk which I am also contemplating.

thanks for the info. not a single 93- car that I have ever messed with had the stockers. Yeah. they suck :P

BUT, don't the '95s have the seat belt mount?

I believe you are correct, sir

correct. Owned. I really need to get a closer look. it appears to be the same except for that.... my foot is deeply in my mouth right now!