foglights are in... *new update Pg.3*

Cam'ron

Yeah that snow looks like shit.

IMHO even the SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR product line has a yellow-ish tint to it.

My headlights were half as much money, and are twice as bright.

This, of course, is only my $.02

How'd you wire 'em?

with ALOT of help from other board members on 2kmc.com

basically i have it wired in so that they are essentially automatic with me having the option to turn them off with a toggle switch inside the car. much like stock but without the $200 harness adapter wich leaves me without a toggle anyways... i like the idea of being able to turn them off.

only thing i see that might bug me in the future is i was very generous on the amount of wire i was cutting so i have extra length all over the place... might open it back up and shorten all the leads into the relay to clean it up a bit.

I couldn't over exagerate cleaning up wiring and making shorter runs. Definately clean it up. Besides, the less wire, the less resistance. Although this may not be the case here, it's a general fact.

BTW, I suggest wire loom as much as possible. Make the look even more factory like. If you need some, I can send some up your way(assuming you can't find any).

they have that small black split loom stuff at napa down the road, not a problem getting my hands on it. might shop around to try and find it a bit cheaper though.

the nice thing about how these are wired is all the wires essentially end up at the relay so it is very easy to shorten all the wires back to clean it up, pull the wire off the relay clip the end shorten accordingly replace the connector and reattach.

BTW, I suggest wire loom as much as possible.

:werd: I put a cheap set of foglights on my old Crapalier without using any plastic loom to cover the wires, and after a year the insulation on the wires started deteriorating...

they have that small black split loom stuff at napa down the road, not a problem getting my hands on it. might shop around to try and find it a bit cheaper though.

the nice thing about how these are wired is all the wires essentially end up at the relay so it is very easy to shorten all the wires back to clean it up, pull the wire off the relay clip the end shorten accordingly replace the connector and reattach.

edmonton must have one or two princess autos....if it's decently close to where you live I suggest going there. They have that stuff really cheap there...when I did my fog lights I put it all in wire loom...that goes for everywhere that I've put under the hood....makes it nice and clean looking, and protects everything too...anyway just a suggestion to check the princess haha!

Bring on the Silver Stars :lol:

too bad i am a jack ass and forgot my tripod oh well

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

need a second opinion here... i think so but do the foglights appear to be a different color... both of em are 880ST

IMG_0184.jpg

*on a side note i really need to get off my ass and either source another one of these SLP grilles or buy the paint and paint it... i love the look of it and i am getting tired of using zip ties... even though it is broken i keep taking it off for fear that it will fall off and then i wont have it. maybe i should just put a few more zip ties on it and call it a day :lol:

they look the same color too me...but, if you think they look different, it may be how you have them aimed...are they both even?...have you pulled up to a wall and looked @ teh pattern?...

ironically thats the time i noticed the color difference :lol: making sure they were aimed properly.

heres some better pics from in the garage tonight

IMG_0202.jpg

parklights'n'fogs

IMG_0204.jpg

drivers fog

IMG_0203.jpg

definitely different color, whats the deal with that, 2 possibly different batches of bulbs (bought 2 singles, we don't get twin packs up here) shouldn't be that different.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just go my 2004 Monte LS back in November. It does not have fog lights but it does have the spoiler. I've been looking at after market lights but then I will have to bend up some S.S. Brackets. I want the lights to fit in the openings. So where did you find your fog lights? What is the overall size of them?

IMAGE007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are stock foglights dude right from GM... i just had to find someone willing to buy them for me in the states and ship them up... they cost me for the pair less than the cost of one side up here, including shipping

Dealership they cost to much....they want $70.00 or more for one fog light

Gm parts Direct wants $44.69 + shipping for one fog light

Ebay never has any stocker except the used pair that just sold for around $85.00

After markets just won't fit in the holes right unles I was to make up brackets and beauty rings.

Last stop is the juck yards......................after it warms up that is :Yikes_anim:

Note: GM Part numbers

10430337 passenger side fog lamp.

10430338 driver side fog lamp.