foglights are in... *new update Pg.3*

Cam'ron

almost 2 years after walking out of the dealership laughing at the price they wanted to charge me for them...

they are only mounted right now i am gonna wire them up tomorrow after i pick up a relay and some wiring, and a switch

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

the weather refuses to cooperate here right now... you think you might get a week without it changing or warming up and it does the exact opposite a day later. i have the garage so i washed it on the way home on tuesday and it warmed up a bit on thursday and snowed a little so yeah it gets dirty real fast this time of year. but suck it life with a sexxy white car :lol:

i'm not afraid to tell you... GM dealer here in the city wanted 189 bucks canadian each... :eek:

i paid total including pigtails, bulbs, assemblies, shipping and exchange 150 bucks for both, ebay has been a no go for a year and a half i think this was a good deal, i know i couldnt get them here any cheaper than that. of course now that i have them there will magically be 3-4 in the j/y within the next couple weeks murphys law but oh well.... these are brand spankin new

well, duh. But seriously though. Chevy dealers are a bitch. I asked about Lumina taillights, and they tried to tell me I meant Impala taillights. I was like, "uh no Lumina, the car that looks like a 4 door'97 Monte Carlo". There response was that Chevy never made a Monte Carlo 4 dr. Some people.

See if the car is pre-wired. It might be as simple as installing a relay in the fusebox and a stock foglight switch.

If not, buy a foglight wiring kit (be sure you get one with a relay) and use a stock switch instead of the one provided. You want to run the "signal" wire off of the headlight switch harness from the wire for the parking lights (usually brown on GM's - not sure if it's the same on your Monte.) Run this wire to your switch, then through the firewall to the relay. Run the "power" circuit directly to the battery (or aux. terminal - be sure you use an inline fuse.)

Should be relatively straightforward...

How'd you wire 'em?

with ALOT of help from other board members on 2kmc.com

basically i have it wired in so that they are essentially automatic with me having the option to turn them off with a toggle switch inside the car. much like stock but without the $200 harness adapter wich leaves me without a toggle anyways... i like the idea of being able to turn them off.

only thing i see that might bug me in the future is i was very generous on the amount of wire i was cutting so i have extra length all over the place... might open it back up and shorten all the leads into the relay to clean it up a bit.