• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• mfewtrail

• Crazy K

• GOT2B GM

Thank you! LOL kinda kidding, just a different hobby I guess. Though I do feel kinda uncomfortable that people are out here running random VIN's just to find certain ones, including mine.

paranoid? yes, you are. we are simply dealing with public information. in fact... If I walk up to your car and can't get the VIN number off of it... in someplaces you have committed a crime.

What is the point of this???? this will determine how many cars actually exist. Period. there is alot of info we shall discover. by telling me your VIN and info, we can discover what Date your car was completed and get a general idea of the characteristic of the cars that became TGPs.

Was every other car red then black?

Did they produce cars that were all one color and suddenly decide to add the second color?

Did they simply produce a bunch of TGPs in sequence?

Did sunroofs have an apparent pattern to installation?

Hell.. The published version of the database will not even tell you who owns the car, so no one else would know if you told me which car was yours if you told me the VIN and info confidentially.

Your VIN will be assimilated... whether you tell us or not. but telling us improves our database!!!

I will share all the discovered data eventually. Once I have accomplished this, I will do the same for Verts.

No one will be laughing when I tell you how many 1989 or 1990 TGPs were ever actually registered. Although a few TGPs might not show up... I am fairly certain that with the exception of maybe the prototype(s) and any sitting in a dealership showroom still... they will all be found.

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION!

and any sitting in a dealership showroom still... they will all be found.

Now remember Ken, I ran the VIN of a CS 'vert that HAD NEVER BEEN TITLED and has 14 original miles and that sucker still had one report.

for the better

and any sitting in a dealership showroom still... they will all be found.

Now remember Ken, I ran the VIN of a CS 'vert that HAD NEVER BEEN TITLED and has 14 original miles and that sucker still had one report.

I know. I did qualify that with a maybe. If you recall.. wasn't a Buick Grand national with 10 miles on ebay? Which IIRC was in a dealer showroom for the better part of our lives. If we checked it's VIN... what would it say?

I've been meaning to ask you about that one. Where did you find this car? If you got a carfax on it, What would it say?

It is owned by a retired oldsmobile dealer owner. He also has a 1992 Toronado Trofeo with less than 10 miles, a 1995 Aurora with less than 20 miles, and a few others. I am not sure what the report would say...I know on a couple of Texas cars I've checked, they had said "dealer delivery reported" or something to that effect.

Yes, but my TGP has NO record of any reports until it had 4,000 miles on it.... just saying that there could be some out there that don't have any reports.

There will be...And we would likely have to look them up on a GM parts computer or something (such as looking up the RPOs).

what I was thinking too! (great minds think alike)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A11&viewitem=&item=190161330079

I e-mailed him and got some info for you guys...

"1G5WT54V1LF304788, LEATHER, WITH SUN ROOF, NO RADIO"

it's a white/gray TSTE.

I'd asked for the build date too but he didn't say..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got that VIN already. Did that auto auction place change names?(either that or they have another branch with an identical building). I have pictures from August '07 of that car in front of what appears to be the same building and the sign says Waukegan instead of Chicago. These new pictures look better than the others. :mrgreen:

Anti-lock & low coolant! :lol: