TGP database.

kuntzie

Hi,

Currently own:

90 TGP

Red, grey leather, sunroof, Pioneer CD, working steering wheel radio controls :biggrin:

VIN#: 1G5WP14V6LFXXXX96

Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Trofeo

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• mfewtrail

• Crazy K

• GOT2B GM

Hi,

Currently own:

90 TGP

Red, grey leather, sunroof, Pioneer CD, working steering wheel radio controls :biggrin:

VIN#: 1G5WP14V6LFXXXX96

Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Trofeo

Why not post the entire VIN? There's absolutely nothing that anyone can do with your VIN number. After all, it's on public display any time you park your car in a parking lot, etc., etc.

I always wonder why people feel the need to know other people's full VIN numbers. :rolleyes: What difference does it make one way or the other? And I would surmise that if you looked into you'd be surprised what a person can do with a VIN number. :willynilly:

-Tim

Hi,

And what are you trying to say.. are you saying the a car stting in the parking lot and posting a VIN on the internet give it same amount of exposure? Not sure what your analogy has to do with anything? :cry:

-Tim

I always wonder why people feel the need to know other people's full VIN numbers. :rolleyes: What difference does it make one way or the other? And I would surmise that if you looked into you'd be surprised what a person can do with a VIN number. :willynilly:

-Tim

Really, nothing. It's not like a SSN or something like that.

-Tim

You're in a thread exclusively for databasing the rare TGP and you want to know why they want to know the full VIN? :smilielol:

Hi,

And what are you trying to say.. are you saying the a car stting in the parking lot and posting a VIN on the internet give it same amount of exposure? Not sure what your analogy has to do with anything? :cry:

-Tim

Tim, you need a lot more information than just your VIN number to actually do anything. I seriously doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble to forge ownership documents, etc. just to get a key cut to steal your TGP.

For what it's worth, there are "try-out" keys that will open every door lock on any of our TGP's(and all other w-bodies!), and there are generic ignition keys that will start any of them. It wouldn't be very profitable to steal a w-body to say the least. :lol:

If you change your mind about posting your whole vin number, let me know. You could send me a "private message" on the board if you don't want to post it publicly. I want full VIN's because I put them in sequence in the registry I'm creating for these cars. With my registry, I would like to eventually figure out how many of these cars were actually produced.

While I'm posting in this topic, I want to say something to Ken: Ken, wasn't the lowest VIN number you found for 1989 "284920." If so, I actually came across a lower one, so that number of 1989 VIN's you uncovered was not complete. The lowest 1989 VIN I have now is "271829."

Hi,

currently own:

'90 / 1G5WP14V9LF272556 / Red / Grey Leather / Sunroof / Tape Player / ~170k milage

..not running right now .. (doing my best - when i have a time - to bring it back on track :razz:)

Hi,

currently own:

'90 / 1G5WP14V9LF272556 / Red / Grey Leather / Sunroof / Tape Player / ~170k milage

..not running right now .. (doing my best - when i have a time - to bring it back on track :razz:)

Thanks for the VIN and welcome to the board.

1G5WP14V4KF322441 found on Craigslist... ASC date 6/7/89, GM date 5/89. Red/tan; No sunroof, a/f stereo. 84,545 miles.

Hey Jay, I already have that one(I wasn't at home the other day when I was posting in this thread, so I couldn't check then)....but I have it listed as having cloth instead of leather(?).

hey I got 2 for ya!!

1G5WP14V8LF272984 -- 90 burgandy/ camel leather/ sunroof/spoiler/158k miles

1G5WP14V3LF220680-- 90 red/ camel leather/sunroof/170k--seezed turbo!!!!! parts car?

1G5WP14V4KF322441 found on Craigslist... ASC date 6/7/89, GM date 5/89. Red/tan; No sunroof, a/f stereo. 84,545 miles.

Hey Jay, I already have that one(I wasn't at home the other day when I was posting in this thread, so I couldn't check then)....but I have it listed as having cloth instead of leather(?).

DSCN0118.jpg?t=1217929129

Definitely leather seats.

hey I got 2 for ya!!

1G5WP14V3LF220680-- 90 red/ camel leather/sunroof/170k--seezed turbo!!!!! parts car?

Any pics?? Ive never seen a TGP painted burgundy. What color was it originally?

DSCN0118.jpg?t=1217929129

Definitely leather seats.

Holy cow that looks really beat up for only having 85k on it..

hey I got 2 for ya!!

I bet it was garnet red/ tan leather tste??

Did you guys get the VIN from patgizz's 90 TGP???

I probably have it already, but you can post it anyways so that I can check.

hey I got 2 for ya!!

I've got pictures of his car, it was originally bright red(badges on it are red), but was repainted burgandy.

Yah I was told buy a x owner that the dealer that sold it new had it painted burgandy for the customer. I beleive this because every spot in this car has been painted.

that still looks red to me. I mean I believe you, sometimes the computer screen can play tricks on your eyes, but burgundy, no way burgundy is more purple than that I thought.