Painted A Few Underhood Parts!! (FINISHED w/ NEW PICS!)

terryk2003

yup...i guess i'm a ricer now...anywayz, here's a preview...all i have done so far is the cross braces, but i'm going to be doing the motor mounts to match, and then i plan on getting a STB and painting it to match as well...you can't really see in the pics, but the color is Charcoal Grey Metallic with a few coats of clear!...try to ignore those ugly bolts too...i'm ordering some stainless allen head bolts as we speak! :wink:

Before:

newGTPpics029.jpg

After:

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

and just for kicks...here's what moves the beast:

Picture013.jpg

and, no...i didnt paint the supercharger pulley...that first pic was before i had the modular system installed :lol:

toight, toight like a tiger

what was your paint choice and how did you do it?

well, first i sandblasted them in a machine @ work...right down to bare metal...then i put 2 coats of Self-Etching primer from napa, then 3 coats of Dupli-Color Gunmetal paint from wal-mart, then 3 very wet coats of Dupli-Color High-Temp Clear...i actually had so much clear that if they had been hanging up, it woulda ran to the ground, but since they were laying down...it dried like glass!

thats sweet, you're going to be jealous when I get my parts POWDERCOATED in gunmetal :lol:

no i won't...cause mine will be smooth...and powdercoating scratches way to easily...and, way to copy!...FUCKER!...:lol:

FWIW: i'm going to be doing the motor mount brackets in gunmetal and the actually dogbones are going to be Redfire Metallic!...i can't wait to get it done!...it should look awwsome!

ohh...and on a side note...matt, if you want some nice stainless steel bolts for your braces, let me know...cause i had to order them in bulk :willynilly:

IIRC: He spent 40 dollars for 10 small bolts, 10 big bolts, and a pack of 100 washers LOL!

yeah...except, that was 2 packs of 100 washers...i needed 2 different sizes!...i'm gonna wait for mine to come in and make sure they are the right ones (dunno if i like the idea of buying bolts online) then i can give you guys the parts #'s and such if you're interested...and, i'll have 8 spares for the big bolts and i'll have lots of washers, so i may be able to pass some of those out to interested people as well...i'll only have a couple of the small bolts left...sorry...

...and powdercoating scratches way to easily...

what are you smoking?

dude..there were fine scratches in those door sills just from installing the stickers...it pissed me off...and i tried buffing them with all kinds of shit and couldnt get the scratches out!

...and powdercoating scratches way to easily...

what are you smoking?

dude..there were fine scratches in those door sills just from installing the stickers...it pissed me off...and i tried buffing them with all kinds of shit and couldnt get the scratches out!

well i can guarantee that PC will hold up to the wear and tear of feet on the doorsills better than paint could hope for.....

I have some scratches...but don't even seen them unless i'm close enought to smell the doorsills.

looks pretty good.

yeah, i painted my door sills and put the stickers on and the sticker tape took the paint right off in one large spot (but left the primer). i already have scratches on it, but i taped off the sticker and repainted and good as new (thank god i used flat black and no clear, although, its not really flat just not glossy). pc holds up WAY better.

wtf color is your car man?? looks orange in some pics...then that other red/pink color lol??

REDFIRE METALLIC!!...this color is amazing...i painted the dogbones the same color (if you couldnt tell from the last couple pics)!

wtf color is your car man?? looks orange in some pics...then that other red/pink color lol??

REDFIRE METALLIC!!...this color is amazing...i painted the dogbones the same color (if you couldnt tell from the last couple pics)!

That it is!! I passed one the other day that looked like it had just been wetsanded and buffed and it was breathtaking. :razz:

That looks awesome!

I started painting mine... didn't last, they got alll scratched up the first time they went in to a shop...

I'll likely end up getting them powder coated when I do my engine swap...

Jamie

Looks pretty good dude!! I should consider doing stuff like that. But with a silver car, it's either silver, black or gunmetal.

actually, a silver car would be so much easier...the possibilties are endless...you can pick a theme and go with it...mine is redfire/silver(gunmetal)...all the decals on my car are silver...you could pick blue/red/etc ...anything goes with silver!