Where to find all my knowledge for a L67 Swap?

Q-Ball

I went to the basic's and went to L67swap.com, but its god damn down. I'm really looking into getting this done. My mechanic lives about 30 min away from me and I need a good idea of how long it would take. Plus I'd need to know every single part I'd need to convert my 92 Grand prix with a 3800 Series II with Supercharger. If anyone has a list, or other sites to goto that would be great too. I need to compile everything by next weekend for my mechanic to read everything over. He has done swaps before, but mainly for his fiero.

Basically, all I know is the 3800 Series II Engine with Supercharger

4T65E-HD Tranny

Computer

Is there anything else? I still need a complete source on a how to swap. Thanks.

Yeah, I've already talked to him on AIM. But I didnt know his site was down. Maybe he can post a few things on here. I've been to the site, but I didnt take a lot in since I wasnt planning on doing it till spring. But things might change, so I need all the info I can get.

The 4T65-E will be just fine. I doubt youll need a HD.

werd...you shouldnt need the HD unless you are planning on going turbo or supercharged!

3800 Series II with Supercharger.

Get the 4T65e-HD

The 4T65-E will be just fine. I doubt youll need a HD.

werd...you shouldnt need the HD unless you are planning on going turbo or supercharged!

3800 Series II with Supercharger.

Get the 4T65e-HD

doohhh...didnt read that...all i read was this

Basically, all I know is the 3800 Series II Engine

4T60E or 4t650E Tranny

Computer

Manticor(sp?) told me once that the 4T65e (non-HD) is easier to rebuild, and can be built up for as much power as you want.

I suppose if you aren't gonna rebuild it, then the 4T65e-HD would be the best way to go, seeing as how it's what was behind the L67 in the GTP and GS to begin with... :dunno:

Manticor(sp?) told me once that the 4T65e (non-HD) is easier to rebuild, and can be built up for as much power as you want.

Um.. aside from the gearing, input shaft, output shaft, differential, torque converter, and flexplate, they're identical. They're 100% identical when it comes to disassembly/reassembly. Perhaps he was talking about the 4T60? Even then, there's very little difference.

Complete L67 wiring harness... pretty sure L67swap.com said that the harness from the 98 Monte Carlo was the best to use, dunno why.

Pretty sure you will need new axel shafts made up, the ones you have now won't go into the new tranny and the ones that go with the new tranny won't match up with your hubs... or something like that...

You told me your mechanic says it will only take a couple days, but I find that very hard to believe, if he CAN do it in a couple days my car is next... As it stands right now when I do my swap I am budgeting to have another vehicle while the GP is off the road...

Jamie

Rough list i pulled off another, um, site :)

1988-1996 W-body cars

1. L67 Series II Supercharged Engine

2. 4T65E HD Transmission

3. 4T65E HD Transmission Lines

4. 4T65E HD Transmission Axles (shorted axles are recommended)

5. L67 Powertrain Control Module (PCM/Computer) Custom DHP recommended **

6. L36 High-Pressure Power Steering Line

7. L36 Monte Carlo or Lumina harness (98-99)*

8. L67 Cruise Control Module & Cable (Optional)

9. L67 Stock or Custom/Aftermarket 97+ Style Exhaust Downpipe

10. L67 Coolant Hoses (New)

11. Walbro High-Pressure Fuel Pump 255 ltr/hr or greater (stock pump will work of low HP appilcations)

12. Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses

13. Heater core lines

14. Belts

1988-1996 W-body cars

2. 4T65E HD Transmission

11. Walbro High-Pressure Fuel Pump 255 ltr/hr or greater (stock pump will work of low HP appilcations)

13. Heater core lines

14. Belts

stop stealing info from the SOURCE!...:willynilly:

You told me your mechanic says it will only take a couple days, but I find that very hard to believe, if he CAN do it in a couple days my car is next... As it stands right now when I do my swap I am budgeting to have another vehicle while the GP is off the road...

Jamie

If it's that guy that did your struts.... I think it would be a couple months. :lol: I mean the guy didn't even have the front strut tool? WTF! Find someone else!

Jamie

If it's that guy that did your struts.... I think it would be a couple months. :lol: I mean the guy didn't even have the front strut tool? WTF! Find someone else!

He had to borrow my strut tool...

Just cause he has done swaps on feiros means squat, there are soooo many kits that make swapping a feiro easy its not funny...

On the other hand... most shops aren't willing to do swaps like this...

Jamie

Complete L67 wiring harness... pretty sure L67swap.com said that the harness from the 98 Monte Carlo was the best to use, dunno why.

Pretty sure you will need new axel shafts made up, the ones you have now won't go into the new tranny and the ones that go with the new tranny won't match up with your hubs... or something like that...

Jamie

Yes, a few days. I'm calling him this Friday for more info.

1988-1996 W-body cars

2. 4T65E HD Transmission

13. Heater core lines

14. Belts

Wow thats a big list. and where did you find this from?

1988-1996 W-body cars

2. 4T65E HD Transmission

13. Heater core lines

14. Belts

stop stealing info from the SOURCE!...:willynilly:

He took it from you?

lol, it wasnt hard to find the forums

:willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

Well, I need a whole print out for the guy doing it.

Jamie

Everyone is across the boarder. Compared to only a 30 min drive away so far.

Jamie

He had to borrow my strut tool...

Just cause he has done swaps on feiros means squat, there are soooo many kits that make swapping a feiro easy its not funny...

On the other hand... most shops aren't willing to do swaps like this...

Jamie

Yeah and if they did, big money.

Drive down to Georgia. I'll do the swap for you. :lol:

I hate shops and mechanics.

Ha, I wish I could. Find me everything I need and we'll talk. :wink:

Theres an interesting idea for a w-body.com meet... everyone get together to swap a motor... probably wouldn't be the first time...

Jamie

Yes! I will buy the beer for everyone! New W-Body meet in London Ontario. Come one, come all! :willynilly: