i'm so excited! (tint pix)

pwmin

i know i should wait until i get pictures so i dont get shit, but ill post them asap. i'm getting the old tint stripped and 15% put on the gp on monday and i ordered a trunk lid liner with sunken gtp in medium cloissone blue. i also fixed the squeaks in my car the other day! woot woot!

They are probably gonna charge you like 50-100 to remove the old tint, cause it's a PITA.

I saved $50 by removing it myself. Have a bunch of rags and paint thinner handy to remove the goo. Although it did take me several hours, and you get a bit high off the fumes... so it might be in your best interest to just pay the extra. :lol:

I have 15% tint too... FTW! I like 5% on the back, however it's really hard to see at night, I'd never get it.

yeah, its 100, but i dont care. i removed the tint on my camaro and it sucked hardcore plus i dont wanna fuck up my rear defroster or get any paint thinner on the interior. 250 (USD) for strip and tint same place that did my camaro. they do a TON of windshields for my dad's shop. lifetime warranty and theyre good. the old tint is just too light and is showing signs of age

From what ive read online, the best and easiest way to get old tint off a rear window is to spray on a heavy dilution of windex, cut a garbage bag and press it against the tint. then leave the car outside in the hot sun for at least an hour and let the windex "sweat" off the old tint. doing it this way, you wont ruin the defroster lines. :cool:

but of course summer is long over.....

good choice on 15% :thumb:

From what ive read online, the best and easiest way to get old tint off a rear window is to spray on a heavy dilution of windex, cut a garbage bag and press it against the tint. then leave the car outside in the hot sun for at least an hour and let the windex "sweat" off the old tint. doing it this way, you wont ruin the defroster lines. :cool:

but of course summer is long over.....

good choice on 15% :thumb:

An even faster way is to use pure ammonia, it basically penetrates the tint and breaks down the glue.

i might try that. summer may be long gone where youre at, but it always comes back on the colorado front range :mrgreen: its like almost 70 today and sunny

looks like im keeping it :mrgreen:

i tried the garbage bage/NH4+ trick and i guess it wasnt hot enough cuz it wasnt working (probably me just not being patient). i just bit my lip and paid the money for it. i'll have to take pix and post them when the hazing goes away.

got my tint done. hopefully i will get my trunk liner soon. yes, i know, the flair is the wrong color. as soon as i get my bumper, i'm gonna have them and some other stuff repainted. more pix in photobucket album (various gp)

DSCF0897.jpg

4.) Why do those GP 5 spokes look SO BIG

his are 17's.

please elaborate. I thought they only made em in 16's...? :confused:

and the car looks good!

4.) Why do those GP 5 spokes look SO BIG

his are 17's.

please elaborate. I thought they only made em in 16's...? :confused:

It was a joke on Matt....thanks for ruining it....LOL

replica wheels.

Oh nice sig person I think I know as L88.

thx!

yes it 71camarol88. check the phhotoshop section on antirice, the paint.net thread I posted.

wow that looks really good....i like the 5 spokes on there ALOT better than the xlaces

and...is it just me, or is your drivers front B4U flair a different shade of green>?

thanks for the compliments. yes, the front flair is a different color; i explained that in my first post. just read...geesh :razz: yeah, i like the hipo 5spokes much better, too but the gunmetal xlaces are growing on me. i originally just got them for 245's but i kinda like them now.

Car looks good, I need to fix my sisters.

i'll fix your sister! LMAO

Tint looks great, i love the way that car sits on the 5 spokes

rofl

tint looks good/ car looks good..

also didnt the f-body's come with the 5-spokes in 17s.... or were they oly on the 5x120 versions

Guest TurboSedan

It was a joke on Matt....thanks for ruining it....LOL

wow i was totally confused for awhile there :willynilly:

hey Paul hopefully we can get a chance to meet up again next year (maybe sooner who knows) at another RMCGP dyno meet or Bandi. or maybe i could just stop by for a few next time i'm down in Colorado. i'd love to check out your Grand Prix and other cars. they're lookin good!

later man.