best way to fix a bumper?

pwmin

im getting a front bumper for my gp with a crack below the fog light on each side. what is the best way to repair that? do i need to glass it or is there something easier? oh, yeah, i'd like to fill in the arrowhead too. thanks.

Yeah, the fog lights are horrible for breaking down there. My plan is to get it custom plastic welded. But you can get some "glue" I think its like Epoxy and try and fix it yourself. You do want it to look like new right? Cause I've seen others who just put some screws in it to hold it in place.

When I met up with kuntzie a couple weeks ago he was telling me about a glue he used... but I can't for the life of me recall what he called it, if he doesn't chime in maybe you should just drop him a PM...

Jamie

When I met up with kuntzie a couple weeks ago he was telling me about a glue he used... but I can't for the life of me recall what he called it, if he doesn't chime in maybe you should just drop him a PM...

Jamie

Not Gorilla Glue, was it? :lol:

In the bodyshop they use some sort of black stuff on the back, which is realy sticky and strong as hell. The front they use some sort of red stuff that is covers the cracks, and is easy to sand. It's flexible too. Wish I knew the names, sorry.

Use a polyurethane "weld".

could you give me a website i could read some more about this? i think you posted something before about this, too, maybe?

if you can find out, dave, lmk

hmm, ill have to see if i can borrow the welder from work, unless this would work (but i doubt it) http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=41592

for 250 i can almost get a new cover. i'd really like to do it right so it doesnt recrack. maybe ill just have to find a cover in a j/y. the blue 94 b4u i got some stuff off of didnt have a good front cover.

Actually, the Harbor Freight one will work, but it needs air pressure to operate.

If you're good, you can probably even make a soldering iron work. I once plastic-welded a bracket back on a headlight with a soldering iron and it held very well.

I had a crack right in the middle of my underspoiler on my front bumper which made it hang a little. I held the front bumber up with some blocks and I used Plast-aid (http://www.plast-aid.com/) on the inner side of the bumber and then just let it dry for 15 minutes and I was all set. I've been driving around several months and its holding up great. I guess the reason why this stuff works so great is because it "becomes" plastic when it drys and becomes "one" with w/e your applying it too.